Chapter 18

I looked at Kyle. His face showed he was worried, then it turned into relief.

"Avril!" He exclaimed. 

He hugged me. He held me tightly. A little too tight. What was he so worried about?

"Having....trouble...breathing," I gasped.

He let me go and his sky blue eyes looked into my dark blue eyes. He kept staring into my eyes, I stared back. It was like a staring contest.

"Who's Chester?" he finally said. How did he know that name? He's never met anyone named Chester before.

"How do you know that name?" I asked.

"I heard you say it in your sleep," he replied. "Now tell me who he is."

"It's nobody, even if I told you, you wouldn't know who it is," I said.

I don't know why, but I didn't want to tell anyone about Chester. It's probably because if I told anyone about him they would think I was crazy.

"Just tell me."

"No."

"Please Avril, just tell me," he pleaded. Why did he care so much?

"No."

He didn't say anything else, knowing that it would be futile.

"Fine," he sighed.

I looked at my clothes. They were stained with blood. I've been getting so much blood on my clothes lately that I might as well wear it.

I looked around the room. I saw Natalie sitting in a corner. She wasn't wearing her glasses.

Honestly, she looked better without them. I'm not saying that she turned super pretty all of a sudden.

When she wore her glasses, she looked so shy. Like she was trying to hide behind them. But now, she looked much more bolder. Like her dark green eyes could shoot out daggers.

I saw Zack walk up to her. He was probably trying to hook up with her. I saw his mouth as if he said something.

She glared at him. I was right, she can shoot daggers out of those eyes. Zack held up his hands in a surrender sort of way and walked towards me.

"Whew, that girl scared the crap out of me!" he said.

"What did you say to her?" Kyle asked.

"Hey angel, did it hurt when you fell down from heaven?" he said. I started giggling. I see Zack has never hooked up with an Angel.

"What?" he questioned my laughter.

"She's an Angel you idiot, and that pick up line sucks!"

"Well how should I know she was an Angel? I'm not a Tracker, I'm a warrior!" he responded.

"Did you use that with Devils?" Kyle asked. Zack nodded. "And they slept with you?" He nodded again.

Some people were really stupid and ridiculous.

"They thought it was funny," was Zack had to say.

"I'm gonna go back to my dorm," I said, getting off the bed. 

"I'll walk you there, every time you're by yourself something bad happens," Kyle said.

It was kinda true.

I walked with him my dorm. We were in a hallway when Kyle tripped.

I laughed at first. He got up and scowled. Something fell out of his pocket.

"Hey, you dropped something," I tried to pick it up.

But Kyle grabbed really quickly before I could reach it, or even get a good look at it. All I saw was that it was pink. 

"What's that?" I asked curiously. Why did he have to snatch it away?

"Nothing!" he said quickly.

"Come on, just tell me." This was making me curiouser by the second.

He shook his head no. I scowled.

He shoved his hand into the pocket of his blue hoodie.

I stood in front of the door to my dorm.

"Bye," Kyle waved at me.

I waved back and walked into my dorm. Audriana wasn't here. I was alone again.

I took a change of clothes and showered. If it weren't for Healers then I would have so many scares, or I would be dead.

When I was finished I crawled into my bed. But I couldn't sleep. I still wanted to know what that black energy was.

And I will do whatever it takes to find out.