Chapter 23

"What do you want?" I asked Hunter. I honestly don't like this guy at all.

"Why do you have to be so mean to me?" Hunter asked.

"I don't like you."

"I don't care if you don't like me," he chuckled.

"Like I asked before, what do you want?" I repeated.

"Don't forget that I'm helping you keep that damn human alive," he said. Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.

"So, how's it going with saving him?" I faked a smile.

"Don't gotta fake kindness." My fake smile dropped. 

"Then tell me how things are going," I demanded. 

"It doens't look really good. The Council doesn't seem to like this human," he informed.

"Why don't they like him?"

"Hm, maybe because they don't like humans, the Council is mostly men and that human isn't a hot chick." 

"Um, those are the most dumbest reasons I have ever heard." 

"They might sound dumb, but they're true," he shrugged. I never really liked the Council that much, and this is making me dislike them more. 

"Is that all? What are you doing to help keep Xander alive?" I questioned. 

"I'm arguing with them, you know that they talk a lot and every time we're debating about something we always argue," Hunter replied. 

I crossed my arms over my chest. How is arguing supposed to help?

"Why are you helping me anyway?" 

"I don't know, I feel like we've gotten off on the wrong foot," he replied. 

"Um, thanks," I said. 

"No problem." He stood up from his chair and left. 

"Who was that?" Xander asked, sitting down across from me.

"Oh, just an acqaintence," was all I could think of to call Hunter.

"Oh," Xander replied, chomping down on his cookie. He looked kind of cute. 

"Hey, Avril!" I turned around and faced Britney. She was wearing a pink tank top with blue shorts.

"Hey, what's up?" 

"I got bored and came here for no reason. Are you on a date?" she asked, eyeing Xander. 

"No, just hanging out," I replied. 

"Can I hang out too? Trevor wanted to go someplace with his friends but I didn't wanna go." She fluffed up the bun that her blond hair was tied up into.  

"Sure."

"I'm Xander, what's your name?" Xander held out his hand. 

"Britney," she replied, giving a flirtatious smile. I scowled. 

"Don't forget you have a boyfriend," I whispered to myself. 

"Hm? What was that?" Britney questioned. I shook my head as if to say nothing. 

"Hello there," a middle aged man greeted, coming out of nowhere. His hair was black but starting to gray, his eyes were also gray. Where the hell are all of these people coming from?

"Um, hi?" I said. 

"I'm a guard, I'm here to take the human, he has more work," he pointed to Xander. I saw Xander's face drop. 

"Oh, okay." I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"Bye, I'll see you, um, soon," he said. 

"Yeah, later," I replied. 

He started walking away with the guard. I felt a little sad watching him leave. 

"Aw, you look sad," I heard Britney say. "It's okay, you have me." She hugged me. 

I smiled a little. 

"Do you like Xander?" she smiled at me. 

Do I like him? Usually I would know and deny it right away. But for Xander, I don't know. 

"I don't know," I replied. 

Britney's hazel eyes widened in shock. Her mouth was agape and formed a perfect 'O'. After a while, she fixed her composure. 

"You'll know eventually." 

"I hope I will," was all I said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!

I'm so so so sorry that this chapter was boring! I didn't know what to write. I know I promised to write more, I'm very sorry that I didn't. Please don't hate me. I'm very busy with school. I have very long Band practices, football games, parades, not to mention school. I have to study because the teachers are already giving us tests and quizzes. I got an F on my very first test! :P Not a good way to start out high school, honestly, I don't care about school, but my parents do. If I don't get straight A's, I will lose all of my privileges and probably get banned from the computer and be forced to study 24/7! I will try to update next weekend. School is really stressing me out, I'm kinda losing my motivation for this story. :( But, I promise to upload. I know my story is getting boring, but please bear with me. :(  I really enjoy writing this story and I get really motivated and happy when I get good feedback.  Again, I'm very sorry, but the story gets more interesting.