Chapter 22

~Avril POV~

"Oh my gosh! That is so cute!" Audriana exclaimed. She grabbed a shirt that was a hot pink color, it had a black design of a rose.

We're currently at the mall near Court. Audriana and Britney were buying clothes.

Audriana was wearing a hot pink V neck and black short shorts, her arms were covered in giant colorful bracelets, her light brown hair was tied up into a ponytail. Britney was wearing a purple t-shirt with a short denim skirt, her blond hair was curled. They were both wearing heels. They look so girly.

I felt like an outcast. I was wearing a black hoddie over my white tank top and blue faded jeans. My dark brown hair was just normal, straight and let down.

"I can't believe that you're wearing that! You should dress up more cuter," Britney commented on my outfit.

"Avril doesn't have cute clothes in her wardrobe. I know! Let's buy you some clothes!" Audriana suggested.

It's like they get super hyper just by walking into a mall.

We spent many boring hours purchasing and trying on clothes. My arms were full of shopping bags. I know I'm just gonna let the clothes rest in my closet until they somehow rip or something.

I was putting away my new clothes in my hotel room. The Court had a hotel connected to it.

I was so tired from walking around the mall. Audriana was sitting on my bed.

"Where do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" she asked.

"A place where you don't buy clothes," I replied.

"Aw, come on, your wardrobe is so boring."

I shrugged off her comment and turned on the TV.

"How about we find you a boyfriend?"

I shook my head and started drinking my water.

"How about you go out with Kyle?" she suggested.

I spit out my water and started choking. I started coughing, a lot.  I gasped for air.

It took about one minute for me to recover. Me and Kyle? It felt so weird to even think about it!

"What?" I gasped.

"Never mind," she said.

 She didn't say anything else and watched the TV.

~Next Morning~

I woke up to the sound of a knock at the door. I groaned. It was probably Audriana wanting to hand out.

I got out of my bed and put on my blue bunny slippers.

I walked to the door and opened it.

The door opened and revealed Xander.

His black hair was almost covering his bluish gray eyes. He was taller than me so I had to look up to meet his eyes. His eyes are so beautiful.

"Hey Avril." He hugged me. A little too tight.

"H-hey Xander," I breathed. 

He let go. He was wearing a black shirt with faded jeans. I looked at my clothes. A light blue tank top with black shorts. I felt a little embarrassed.

"So, what's up?" I asked. I wonder if my breath stinks since I just woke up.

"Nothing, I just wanted to hang out."

"Don't you have to work? Garden boy," I teased. He laughed a little.

"They let me have a few days off. I was up all night picking weeds and planting trees."