Victoria

Important chapter! Okay there will be A LOT of dialogue in this chapter but it's important that you pay attention to their conversations because they explain a lot. This is one of the most important chapters in the entire story! Enjoy!

All day. It had been going on all day. He heard her from his shop all day. Sweeney could hear mrs.Lovett rushing around below trying to get things done before Victoria arrived. It sounded like she was going nuts, he heard her quickly running around and attending to customers. Downstairs mrs.Lovett ran the shop while the kids were out doing God only knows what. Sweeney wanted to help, but he too had a shop to run. Not only was she attending to her customers, but she was also cleaning the entire place. Doing dishes, scrubbing floors, washing windows, doing laundry, baking pies and trying not to pass out. Luckily she decided to close the shop at noon today so she could focus on other things. The moment she closed her shop she quickly rushed upstairs where Sweeney was sharpening his razors.

"Sweeney I still have eleven things to do before Victoria gets 'ere, could you please run to the market for me? I only need flour, eggs, meat for the pies, a new spoon, oh and some daisies if yeh get the chance? Just to brighten up my shop." Sweeney continued sharpening his razor, Nellie held her hand out with a small slip of paper in her hand "I made a list in case you forget." When he didn't say anything she crumpled up the list and put it into her pocket "who am I kidding? You never listen to me anyway. I 'ave to do everything myself." She mumbled before leaving his shop, quite annoyed with the barber.

As the day went on, Nellie kept cleaning. The dishes were done, the laundry was done, the windows were washed, the floor was scrubbed, the counters were spotless, now all she had to do was run to the market. But before she got the chance, there was a knock on the door. Charles was out of town so she knew it couldn't be him.

Nellie opened the door to Miss Victoria Travers who smiled gleefully. "Nellie! How wonderful it is to see you!" They hugged each other "Victoria I've missed you so much! How 'ave you been love?"

It had only been a year since they'd last seen each other, Victoria had been coming every single year since the day Benjamin was sent away. She always stayed for a few days to keep Nellie company, since she lived alone up until very recently.

"I've been just fine!" She looked at the ring on Nellie's finger "oh and I'm so happy for you Nellie! When I got your letter about the engagement I knew I 'ad to see you right away! Did you get the flowers I sent?" Nellie laughed, Victoria always was a cheerful thing.

"Indeed I did, thank you so much!" They both sat down at a booth, Nellie still hadn't told Victoria about the four other people living with her, but as soon as she opened her mouth, Victoria began to speak. "I just can't wait to meet your fiance!"

"Yes about that..." Nellie was about to tell her that Charles was out of town for the week when the door opened. In came Sweeney carrying a few things which he placed on the table "eggs, meat for your pies, a new spoon, flour, oh and your flowers." He said each item out loud as he placed them down on the counter. Nellie looked at him with a very surprised smile "well would yeh look at that, thanks love." Sweeney smirked and walked over to her, bending down slightly so he was at her level "anytime Nell, don't think I don't listen to you." Nellie smiled at him and he left the shop. She was so happy about the things he got, she forgot to 'introduce' Victoria to Sweeney, even though they already knew each other. Well, she knew Benjamin anyway.

"Oh Nellie the two of you make such an adorable couple!" Victoria squealed and Nellie held a very confused expression for a few seconds before she finally caught on and let out a laugh "you think he's my fiance?" She laughed a bit more "no no, that's Sweeney. Charles is my fiance but he's out of town. Sweeney is just a neighbor...and a friend."
Victoria raised her eyebrows "well then who is going to break the bad news to Charles?" Victoria asked, but Nellie was confused.
"Wot bad news?" She asked before taking a sip of water.