Chapter 26

(*a massive time jump to summer from winter*)

Louis was driving around town, giving his mind a chance to think. The traffic was close to none at this time of the day, which was quite surprising but equally appreciated by Louis. Harry and him hadn't been talking much after the night before. The small argument they were having the past day had escalated way too quickly for him to process and the next thing he knows, Harry was slamming the the door to Louis' house shut behind him after he exited.

Right now, it all was a blur memory. Nothing seemed real to him. This was the first real fight they had gotten into since their relationship began. Sure, tiny arguments and disagreements have happened but none had ever caused one of them to literally slam the door and head out and away without any trace.

Well, that's something stupid to say. He did know where Harry was. It was summer again and he had nowhere else to be except for his apartment. But Louis wouldn't go there. Something was stopping him. Maybe his pride (but that's highly impossible as Louis' pride doesn't stand a chance against his love for Harry), maybe his fear of getting rejected by Harry, maybe his questioning self that was continuously telling him how he didn't know what to do if Harry was to come in front of him.

Lost, that's what he was.

Arguments and fights happen in every relationship, and Louis wasn't naive at all to think that by some magical power or miracle him and Harry wouldn't have to go through that. He was terrified of this when it hadn't happen. Now, he was feeling empty.

Not having seen Harry or heard from him for the past twelve and more hours was deathly. He didn't know how he was doing, whether he reached home safely last night or not, whether he had eaten anything or not, whether he was as hollow from the inside as Louis was. He just did not know.

He was driving around town with no real destination. Looking at the cars passing by, the pedestrians going about their own way, the sky bright blue and the sun shining. He was glad it didn't look like it would rain anytime soon, but this was England, you can't predict the whether here, so.

He parked his car on the side and rested his head on the head-rest, chin tilted up. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply through his mouth.

He missed Harry.

His chest literally felt like a heavy weight was placed on it and his heart was suffocating. He felt his lungs sinking with every minute passed by without having to hear Harry's deep and soothing voice.

Stupid fights.

He pulled out his phone and didn't even unlock the phone, just stared at the screensaver. It was Harry from that one time when he stayed over and just had woken up the next morning. He had just opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Louis with his phone in his hands, aiming the camera at his sleepy face. Only a small, lazy and immensely drowsy smile on his face, one cheek pressed against the pillow, eyes barely opened.

He had told him how beautiful he had looked at the time. He remembered how he ran his fingers softly over the warm skin of Harry's shoulders down his naked back. He remembered the slow kiss they shared. He remembered how Harry had blushed when Louis brushed his long hair away from his forehead. He remembered everything.

God, Harry had looked stunning.

With heavy fingers, Louis tapped in the four-numbered code and unlocked the phone only to be greeted by the wallpaper.

It was from that one time when they were both bored as ever, wanting to pass the time with something, be it anything, and suddenly Harry had suggested to take pictures of themselves because according to him, the other hundreds were not enough.