A Visiting Toshiro

PHOENIX

Toshiros been standing there for a few minutes now, just, analyzing.
"Hey, Shiro," I call out softly "You there?" He walks over to me so slowly.
"Toshiro I'm not a ghost, or a spirit or your imagi-" I get cut off by him hugging me "-nation." I whisper.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He keeps muttering Well at least he isn't crying I think skeptically.

"It's not your fault Toshiro, it's mine ok," I say firmly. When he doesn't move I continue "You weren't there, I was willing to be put in this condition just to live after this, understand?"I ask.
Toshiro finally lets go of me and sits at my bed side.

I smirk "What's with the hair?" I finally ask. "What's with your hair?" He fires back. He's smiling now, probably thrown back into that memory "We are like brother and sister now." He says, yet it sounds like a question. I decide to tease him a bit "Yep, Brother-Captain-Shiro." I now see a small anger mark on the side of his face, along with his jaw clenched in annoyance. For some odd reason the silliest things get to him the easiest, so I giggle.

Somehow his face gets sober and what he says gets me to freeze. "I'm in the 11 group that's going out to the battlefield. That means I'm leaving, and soon." I'm shocked, scared for someone else's life, and guilty. I hate feeling guilty. "Th-then I'll go with you,"I stutter out. Toshiro looks at me as if to say no. "Let me finish," I swallow the feeling of clogging in my throat. "Orihime and Unahana both said that whatever damage is left is only minor," I swallow again fighting the urge of throwing up the blood that I know is in my throat.

"So, I just need to ask them if I can go and the Old Guy will probably agree too." I trail off not being able to finish my sentence, but I can tell that he understood everything.
"I should go now, it's getting late." He says already halfway out the door. All I can do is nod with the feeling of blood nearly going through my lips. The second he leaves I rush the the bucket under my bed and puke about 7% of my blood out.

"There there, it's alright," I hear a soft voice behind mine and looking through the corner of my eye I could tell that it was Captain Unahana. "Now what was that about going to the battlefield?"