Holiday Special

----------------------------------------------
Because it's Christmas today I've decided to make things a bit more...up beat. No this is not a shipping cause I suck at them. It's one of the meetings that Toshiro and Phoenix have when she comes back from a mission.
----------------------------------------------
THIRD PERSON P.O.V

It was a sunny day in the Soul Society. It was quiet. Ichigo, Orihime, Chad, and Uryuu were in the World Of The Living along with Rukia who was there from orders. Now Toshiro was in his office filling out reports as Captains do and of course bugged by a drunk Rangiku from time to time.

You see, Phoenix has been on a mission for about three days, a day longer than it was supposed to be which caused the white haired captain to worry a bit over his subordinate. "Le~Cap~i~tan!" Rangiku sang bursting through the doors. "Go home Rangiku, you're drunk." The squad 10 Captain replied in monotone only to be get a groan of annoyance in reply. As the two bickered a white hair girl went through the door and leaned on the door frame, unnoticed and went on watching the scene.

"Rongiku how many times do I have to tell you? Don't keep sake in my office!" Toshiro shouted. He was holding at least five bottles of sake in his arms trying to break them, while his lutenant held around eight or ten distracting him from doing the said task. The bird smirked at the two as the scene continued to unfold.

It's been ten minutes and then two were still going at it leaving Phoenix unseen. Crack! Splash! Were the sounds of each pot of sake breaking and the alcoholic beverage spilling onto the floor. As a breeze went by the face of the captain and lutenant they turned their heads to the cause of it: Phoenix. Her salute was sitting on top of Toshiros desk, legs hung of the front and head tilted to the side showing off her amusement while she seemed to be doodling on some extra(hopefully) papers.

"Phoenix you broke my sake!" Rangiku whined as Toshiro complained about the carpet and flooring. "Jeez," Phoenix started "You guys have been complaining about the sake for over ten minutes like an old married couple. Though I don't ship it I'll support it." She said shrugging as she spoke the last comment. "Phoenix do you really think that that is appropriate to say to your captain and lieutenant?" Toshiro questioned.

By this point the said lieutenant was already out of the room and down the hall while the zanpakto in question was lying flat on the desk, legs still dangling over the front. "Anyhow, why's Matsumoto always drunk or drinking?" She asked innocently, brushing off his question still doodling. Toshiro just ignored this, using all of his will power and said simply "Believe me there are worse drunkards in the Soul Society." "That I'll believe." She replied swiftly.

There was a loud silence in the room, though comfortable neither the zanpakto nor captain liked it. "So, about the braiding-" The girl started only to be cut off by "I already told you I learned it from Momo."
"I know, I know." She replied starting to sound annoyed looking up from her doodles. "I was gonna say 'So, you know the braiding girl well we met on my way back.'" She finished, a scowl planted on her face. "She's nice midget. She really is." Phoenix complimented and started working on another extra(again hopefully) paper.
----------------------------------------------
It's been a hour filled with small talk about how the mission went and what took her so long. Turns out, she got lost and had to destroy an entire mountain to get back to the Soul Society.

"Hey Shiro," Phoenix starts.

"It's Captain Hitsuguya to you."

"I know I know. But I have a question."

"Which is?"

"I already said it before but I guess you don't remember *sigh*"

"Phoenix what do you mean? The last time you asked me a question was after your first mission."

"Well anyways, what's so special about Squad 10?"

"What do you mean"

"Look around you Toshiro." Phoenix said lifting herself into a sitting position on the captains desk. "Each squad, each soul and Soul Reaper, have something 'special' about them." She pauses "So, what's so special about Squad 10?" She asks. Toshiro went thinking coming up with one answer.

"Well," He starts "We have a daffodil as our insignia." He tries hopelessly. She laughs at this, at his simplicity, not his stupidity. Laughing cause he said something that she already knew.
"I mean all of us are different giving that...what the living would call a 'Mysterious Effect'." He attempted to cover up.

"So then what's so special about you, Captain."

"Is there a need to answer that?"

"You're right I already know, I just wanted to hear it from you is all."

"Oh? Then what do you think?"

"Like you said 'Is there a need to
answer that?'"

"Fine. Then what makes you so special?"

After Toshiro said that Phoenix grew quiet only to bring up the most obvious answer. "Well I am the zanpakto of destruction."

"Of course. Well meeting the zanpakto of destruction was...strange." Captain Hitsuguya concluded. "Didn't turn out the way you wanted?" The female asked, now bending over with her arms hanging between her legs with her strangely long hair covering bits of her face. "Wrong, it didn't turn out the way I expected." He replied dismissively.

After his words she got up and started towards the door, "It's getting late I should go." She simply said opening the large doors, and walked out. Toshiro then turned around, heading back to his desk to finish work for the day. But when he looked through all the documents he saw each of them filled out perfectly. "Thanks Phoenix." He mumbled under his breath.