The First Strike

ICHIGO

"Is this the spot?" I call over to Rukia. She gives a nod and we start surrounding the zanpakto supply house. It's just me Rukia, Renji, Uryuu, and Byakuya in a small group. All we were sent to do was destroy the supply house and get back to the
Head Captain as soon as possible.

The thing is that we can't go bankai. So we all go into our shikai form. Rukia goes first and freezes the entire place to make sure that the process of destroying this building isn't disturbed. Then came Renji, successfully destroying most of the walls and almost all of the windows. I start hearing foot steps and use two of my Tetsuga Tenshos to split the building into four pieces. I turn around and see that there are figures charging down the hill towards us and I prepare Zangetsu to attack.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see that both Renji and Rukia are doing the same. I hear wind moving behind me and the second I turn around it was about gone. I realized though that by the state of the supply warehouse that Byakuya did his part because the building was now in more pieces than before. He gave the signal that meant that we had to go, and without looking we all flash stepped back to the Soul Society narrowly missing the group coming our way.
----------------------------------------------
When we got back into the Soul Society's walls we went our separate ways. Byakuya and Rukia both went to report to the Head Captain and I found myself walking towards The Squad 4 barracks. Everyone has heard by now what has happened to Phoenix. They also know that her and Toshiro has something along the lines of a brother-sister relationship now.

I enter Phoenix's room after talking with Orihime about the girl's condition. She said that she's stable, but her brain is still bruised and she's still a bit injured. Luckily it was only bruises and a few scratches that were left. The second I see her body it's exactly like Orihime said plus even paler skin with Toshiro sitting next to her in silence.

"Hey, Toshiro," I start. He's still silent, not moving an inch "How long were you here with her Shiro?" I question. This time he looks at me. He looks awful, bag under the eyes, he even looks hungry. "A few hours after she got treated. Didn't wake up yet. What is worse is that she has tubes in her nose to breath, wires on her fingers, and a  feeding tube." Toshiro replied sounding bleak. What got me even more worried for him is that he didn't correct me with the 'It's Captain Hitsugaya to you' thing.

"You really do care about her alot don't you?" I question " Just like a brother caring for his sister... so those rumors really are true." I mumble. "What was that?" Toshiro asks sounding tired. "It's nothing Shiro, just checking in. Take care of yourself. I know you two are close." After that I walk out and leave the barracks altogether.