Failed Attempt. Blood And Pain

PHOENIX

At the sight of the blood on my skin a stumble back wards and almost fall remembering what Mayuri said 'If they don't master their power or become linked to an even stronger power than their own they will die.' But apparently along with the way of having to become zanpakto with the massive amount of reishi, the way to become 'linked' is even more impossible.

I stand outside of the door a few moments more trying and succeeding in composing myself. I walk through the door to the Squad 12 building and wipe the blood that's still on the pale skin of my wrist on the pants of my shihakusho.

"Ah Phoenix you're here." I hear Mayuri say. "Where should we start?" I question. "Wanting to get right to the point, eh?Well first you're heading into a containment chamber. We're gonna 'dive right in' as the living say it." He answers as arrogantly as ever.

On our way to the containment chamber I ask him "So... does Toshiro know the extent of this?"
"My aren't you just full of questions today?" The Alien Fish replies "Captain Hitsuguya is aware of what he needs to be aware of." He finishes dismissively. "You sure are as talkative as ever,"I say sarcastically "But seriously what does he know?" I repeat my voice getting serious. "All he knows is that I am trying to keep you alive, because clearing you weren't able to do that alive, now were you?" His arrogance coming back full swing.
"The hell is that supposed to mean!" I shout. "It means that you can't take care of yourself no matter how long you've 'traveled'." He says his voice not raising in the slightest. The next thing I know I feel I killer headache and drop down to my knees. The clogged feeling in my throat returning and I instantly hack up blood.

"That headache you're feeling is only supposed to be minor, in attempt to help control yourself. But this is reaction is very alarming." I can faintly hear Mayuri say. Minor headache. Minor headache! Mayuri I'll kill you! My screams get louder as the sensation of my own blood leaving my mouth and the screaming causes the headache to throb and emit even more pain, causing me to scream some more. Everything goes fuzzy and I see figures running in. Now, I see nothing, hear nothing, feel nothing, taste nothing.

Just . . . nothing.