Flowey | Watering

The flower looked at you disapprovingly. You continued to pour water on it.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I'm still plotting my plan to destroy you!" The plant hissed at you angrily but your response was laughter.

"Don't you mean potting?" A voice spoke from the other side of the room. The two of you turned to see Sans leaning on the door.

"That was horrible, Sans." Flowey growled. For once, you agreed with the plant. The skeleton shrugged and left the room.

"The reason I'm being nice," You started, placing the watering can beside him, "is because there's no point to fight."

Flowey scoffed at you.

"What?" You asked, a little annoyed.

"Nothing." He huffed back, facing another way quickly.

After everything has happened, Flowey was just left out. Feeling pity, you decided to take the flower and kept him in your room.

Sure, all the comments and insults from the flower do hurt sometimes but it was his nature. You shrugged most of them off or come up with a comeback, which usually leaves him speechless. You also sometimes caught him smiling (A somewhat genuine smile, not the creepy one.) Nonetheless, you still did your job to take care of Flowey.

You walked over to one of your bookshelves, picked a book and sat down on your bed. Why? Just to relax.

Flowey watched you intently. He had mixed emotions about you, prior to how you have treated him so far. To be honest, he didn't hate you. It just seemed... confusing.

Confusing due-to-the-fact he attempted to kill you, like any other human he's encountered.

Yet, you were treating him this way.

"What?" His thoughts cut off when your voice rang. Flowey faced you, dazed.

"Is there something on my face?" You asked once again. Has he been staring at you for a while?

He huffed and faced another direction. "Whatever..." murmured the plant.

. . .

"(Y/N)."

"Hm?"

"... I need water."

You smiled faintly and stood up to water him once again.

"Yeah, okay."