Papyrus | Missing You

A/N: I leave for 2 days and it was at 16.9k views and 802 votes. Now it's 17.4k views aND 820 VOTES WHERE ARE YOU ALL COMING FROM??

____________________

"Sans..."

"hm?"

"I miss Papyrus..."

The short skeleton sighed and patted your head. Besides the sounds of infomercials from the television, it was particularly quiet. A sad atmosphere slowly floated around the house and the cold chilly air added to the tranquility; it wasn't a peaceful tranquility.

It was disappointing.

"i miss him too, (y/n). but he'll be back in a few days."

This didn't really bother you before but it all started with the message.

• • •

You were on the computer, checking through Undernet. Why? You could've gone through other sites like Youtube or Twitter but you were intrigued.

Or bored.

Either way, you went through different pages and profiles of the site. Monsters such as Alphys were very active with their status updates and posts. Others like Napstablook regularly post their content like music. And there are those who just comment, like Sans.

Oh and one more thing, you were in Papyrus's room. Using his computer.

It's not like you barged in or anything. (Because Sans would give you a bad time) Papyrus had specifically chose you to, quote-by-quote, guard his room.

"BECAUSE SANS IS ALWAYS OUT, NO ONE CAN GUARD MY ROOM AS I AM OUT TO THE HUMAN WORLD TO OPEN MY NEW 3 STAR RESTAURANT." He told you before he set out to leave with Undyne, who would be teaching humans and monsters lancing lessons, and Mettaton, who regularly goes out for his debuts.

It's been the fourth day and as you lazily clicked through the pages, you started to wonder about the skeleton. You reread the messages he constantly sent you about his travels, which mostly consisted of spaghetti and human ways were odd.

A little beep cut your thoughts off.

1 Message from COOLSKELETON95

COOLSKELETON95: (Y/N), WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY MESSAGES OR CALLS??

You checked your phone to see one missed call. It was on silent mode.

COOLSKELETON95: ARE YOU THAT BUSY THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN SEND A MESSAGE TO THE GREAT PAPYRUS?

You immediately dialed Papyrus. Tapping your foot impatiently, the line went silent for a moment.

"This contact is currently busy and cannot be reached. Please call in a few minutes."

With a growl, you dialed again. But he didn't pick up the phone.

This time, you sent him a text.

You: Papyrus, my phone was on silent. I'm sorry.

BEEP!

1 Message from COOLSKELETON95

COOLSKELETON95: YOU ARE JUST SO BUSY WITH EVERYTHING ELSE THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER ME HERE. HUMAN, I HOPE YOU AT LEAST EAT THE SPAGHETTI I LEFT YOU. I HOPE YOU REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF OUR FRIENDSHIP.

After a minute, Papyrus sent you a text.

Papyrus: DON'T SEND MESSAGES THROUGH TEXT BECAUSE IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE TO SEND MESSAGES FROM THE HUMAN WORLD TO THE UNDERGROUND. I WOULD LIKE YOU TO CONTACT ME THROUGH THE UNDERNET, HUMAN.

So you did.

[Username]: Papyrus, I'm trying to call you.

[U/N]: And I'm so sorry for not messaging you these past few days, I have been busy with helping the people in Snowdin and Hotland.

[U/N]: I've been trying my best to do what is needed, especially since Frisk had asked me to help with being the ambassador recently.

[U/N]: I am very sorry, Papyrus. If anything, I am still eating your spaghetti.

Your eyes stung as little tears started to form. You didn't know why you were crying, but you just suspected that you really cared for the skeleton and knowing that he feels like you've been neglecting him broke your heart.

The door creaked open and Sans poked his head in.

"hey kid, pap is calling you."

Immediately sprinting to Sans as he casually handed the phone, you listened for a voice.

"HUMAN!"

Ok.

"HUMAN, HOW ARE YOU?"

"I'm fine," You sniffled, wiping some tears and smiling.

"(Y/N), ARE YOU CRYING?"

Laughing awkwardly, you hum a reply. You heard a gasp from the other side.

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING? DON'T CRY." Papyrus assured you.

"I-i'm fine," you sighed, "I just feel really bad that I didn't message you as you're there."

"WELL HUMAN, DO NOT WORRY! I SHALL BE BACK ONCE MY JOURNEY IS OVER- OH AND TELL SANS TO FIX HIS ROOM."

"nah bro." Sans laughed.

From the phone came a very frustrated grumble. You and Sans laughed again.

"ANYWAY HUMAN, I HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW YOUR CONSTANTLY ON MY MIND."

You smiled. Papyrus was your best friend after all – which does sound a little sad since he friend-zoned you but it's better than anything else.

"NYEH HEH! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHOULD BE HEADING OUT NOW."

"Bye Papyrus."

"NYEH! HEH!"

. . .

"HEH!"

And he hung up.

• • •

You laughed to yourself, remembering that day. It was only around 3 days ago and you can't help but smile, thinking that you were constantly what he thought of as he was in the human world.

"Yeah, he'll be back soon."