Doggo | Helping Hand

A/N: Sorry for lateness–I haven't been able to come up with plot ideas for some chapters.

____________________

"Is someone moving?" The dog barked in anger, his head looking around frantically.

You held in laughter as you waited for the canine to go back into his little hut. Once you knew it was safe, you slowly got up and watched as the monster smoked... dog treats? Cigarettes? Dog treat cigarettes? Whatever it was, Doggo just casually lit it.

"Hi Doggo." You spoke.

Again, Doggo immediately sprung up. This time, his face was only inches from yours as the dog treat was tilted to another side. You held your breath as Doggo examined you.

"Human? (Y/N)?" He questioned, but he was very unsure.

You replied with a "Yes" and the dog leaned closer to you.

"Did something move? Was it my imagination?" Doggo said.

You felt bad for the monster, only able to see through moving objects. You weren't sure as to how his eyes work or why its like that, but this canine caught your eye the moment he first peeked from his shack.

From that day, you had visited his sentry station and hung out – which was just stay around his station and have a short conversation now and then. There were times where in you'd pester him to play a game with you, or he'd ask you to buy more dog treats for him.

For his sake, you paced around the front of the sentry station, tapped your hands on his little desk, clapped your hands or even did a little dance. You didn't mind it moving around a lot since you were an active child, always bouncing around.

But there was always one action you did that made Doggo know it was you.

During one of the visits, you brought a yoyo. When the monster had asked what it was for, you started to show some tricks. Doggo, amazed of how a little toy can move so much, suggested that the yoyo will be your "signature" item.

"(Y/N)," Doggo called, lazily placing his head on the table. You looked over, and asked what was wrong.

"Is it bad that I can only see what moves?" The monster asked, a sad tone in his voice.

"Well," you crossed your arms and let out a hum.

"It's not bad–"

"It's really bad?" He whimpered. You told him that it wasn't bad or really bad but just different.

"Different?" He repeated, head tilting. It was cute.

"Yeah."

Doggo mumbled some things under his breath and threw the dog treat into the snow. The treat slowly buried itself into the snow as the hissing of the flame died down.

Proceeding to lean on a tree, you played with the yoyo. The monster watched very carefully, as seen by his eyes.

Up.

Down.

Up.

Down.

You let out a little laugh. Doggo perked up and looked at you with an annoyed expression.

"Why are you laughing?" He growled.

"Nothing," You shrugged, spinning the yoyo. Again, the monster was hypnotized and watched the yoyo.

"Doggo?"

He let out a growl, but just to say that he was listening. You stopped playing with your yoyo and looked at him, feeling a little sad.

"Why are you unable to see stationary objects?"

The canine ears drooped down as he frowned.

"I don't know. All the other members of the Royal Guard can see fine. I'm sometimes late for meetings and get lost because no one helps me around,"

You were about to talk until he continues.

"Sometimes the others like to prank me. They sit still so I can't see them. They play jokes on me. I just wait until one of them admits it..."

. . .

"I'll help you."

He perked up.

"You will?"

Spinning the yoyo once again, you nodded.

"Haven't been I helping you already?"

A short moment of silence occurred as the realization dawned.

Doggo never thought about it, but you were helping him. There were times were in you would stay with him as people passed by and he his eyes, and other times you'd get him dog treats.

And not to mention, you never failed to visit him. The dog happily barked at you.

"Thank you, (Y/N)!"

You smiled walked to the station, and then pet him.

Doggo has been pet.

"I'VE BEEN PET!! POT! PAT! PET!"