29

'Wow.' All my friend's mouths dropped open. We had entered my house. I didn't get it. What was so special about my house. It was just a normal house. 'Priya, I had forgotten how your house looked! Have you got it renovated?' Alia asked. 'Yeah. But its still the same old design with old furniture and stuff! Your house is better!' I said. Alia looked at me slyly. I blushed. I think she took it in the wrong way. My mom came bustling into the hall. Oh no, this cannot be happening!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was fully dressed up, as if she was going to her daughter's marriage, with gold jewellery and all. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow, asking me how she was looking. I glared at her and hoped that my face showed only one question meant for her: have you gone bonkers?! She glared back and she said 'hi everyone,' everybody looked at her and they grinned widely. Looks like they aren't embarrassed by her ghastly outfit. Behind me Alia let out a snicker. 'Aunty hasn't changed one bit!' She exclaimed. My mom looked at her, and her face split into a wide smile. 'Aloo!!!(nickname for alia')' she said. Alia grinned at her before saying 'mummy!' And running and hugging her. They both seemed immersed in their convo , and the rest of us is ours. Suddenly someone cleared their throat. It was dad. Thank god, at least one sensible member in the family! 'Good evening everyone, I'm priya's dad!' He said. He had an aura of respect. And he should, he was in the army after all! He was a retired army officer! I ran to him and hugged him.