epilogue

The restaurant door swung open silently. And suddenly the lights were turned off. The silhouette of a person was seen due to the bright lights in the background. The click-clack sounds of heels were heard at a very low note. The person walked towards the source of the sound.

Click clack clickity clack.

'Honey? Is that you?' The person called out loud. He was obviously freaking out due to the eerie silence. His tall frame was shivering due to the cold. He had obviously just got there, and he was panting. Sweat was dripping down his handsome face, and... Oh who am I kidding? It was dark.

At a corner of the room, Priya giggled to herself. Aarush was scared. Aarush was freaking out. What could be funnier? Oh, she loved the slight quaver in his voice.

She again got up, pulling her dress upwards and then strutted again.

Aarush shivered in fright, the clickity clacking was freaking him out. He felt a hand at his shoulder, and he screamed.

Priya quickly covered her ears. Who knew he could shout like a small girl?! As if on cue, the lights turned on, and Aarush started looking wildly around. Only to be met with the sight of a beautiful goddess standing in front of him. He looked at the woman in front of him, and his mouth dropped open with awe. She was perfect.

Priya giggled at Aarush's expression, and then quickly pecked him on his cheek.

'How am I looking?' She whispered. Aarush gulped, he could not form words to describe this perfect girl standing in front of him. He took in her appearance from top to bottom. His gaze landed on her neck. He let out a sigh of relief. Thank god she was wearing her mangalsutra. Else some jerk would flirt with her, and knowing her mischievous nature she would flirt right back. And that would result in him beating the life out of him.

'Happy birthday babe.' She said, and she hugged him. She loved the way her petite frame blended in with his muscular one. It felt so....right.

'Thankyou Priya.' He said, and she looked up to find him looking at her in awe.

'For what?' She asked, feigning innocence even though she knew the answer.

'For wearing that mangalsutra.' He said, a teasing smile forming on his face. She slightly hit him with her hand, and he hugged her tight.

'Now, give me my gift.' He said, suddenly serious.

Before she could reply, there was a loud shout of 'happy birthday!'

Aarush looked around, and smiled happily at his family. Farhan, Sunaina, Rohan, Pia, Pia's mom and dad, Alia, his parents... they were all Family. His mom and dad had forgiven him for his mistakes. He had confessed to them that he had only acquired the company by deceit because their rivals were planning on the same thing. So he had quickly stepped in and saved their reputation. That was why he had become cruel. That was his biggest and darkest secret.

All of them smiled at the happy couple and gave them their blessings.

Then it was time for the gift exchange.

First up, was Pia. And Farhan. They both had married each other a month after Priya and Aarush's marriage. And Pia was pregnant. Pia and Farhan walked over to Aarush and handed him a suitcase. 'A suitcase, gee. Thanks. Why?' Aarush teased Pia. She blushed and then looked at  Farhan. 'Its for your honeymoon, cuppycake. Better pack a lot of clothes, just in case, you know...' he winked mischievously at Aarush.Priya blushed a violent red, and Aarush wrapped her in his arms. His loud laughter echoed around the hall.

Next was Sunaina. She handed him a small package. Aarush eagerly opened it and found : a small pen drive. 'Woah. Thanks.' He muttered, and Sunaina giggled. 'Arey jeeju, you also didn't understand it's importance. It's a 180 Tb pen drive. It's for storing the photos of your marriage, I know you haven't backed them up yet.' She said. Now it was Aarush's turn to turn pink at the ears.

Rohan stepped forward, a slight swagger in his step. He handed Aarush a photo frame. Inside was a picture of Aarush and Priya standing in the rain. Priya gasped. 'Rohan! Dont tell me...' She whispered, holding his arm. Aarush began boiling immediately. Rohan who noticed this, smirked at him and said 'yes, it's from that day at the premiere. I had followed you out. I saw you both. I clicked a picture, so I could tease you later. But... And Aarush?' Aarush nodded stiffly at him. 'She's all yours man.' He teased. Aarush smiled and nodded. Priya smiled at Rohan's statement. Rohan gave them a smile and walked off towards the chat center.

Alia came up next. She gave Aarush two tickets. 'What are these?'  Alia winked at them and then said 'the tickets to your honeymoon. Paris.' She said. Priya's mouth dropped open and Aarush nodded.

Next came their parents. 'We don't have any gift for you, but we want a gift from you both.' They said. Priya and Aarush looked at each other, what would they ask for? 'We want grandchildren, that's why we arranged this honeymoon trip.' They said, laughing.

Aarush and Priya both turned pink and nodded. The parents laughed and went their way. Then Aarush went to meet some of his employees, and Priya enjoyed with her friends.

It was late in the night, when Aarush entered their room. Priya, smiled at him, and motioned him to sit next to her. She slowly cupped his cheek and kissed him on his nose and his forehead. His heart warmed up, seeing her unconditional love for him. He had never believed that she would become his future wife.

Priya smiled at him, as he laid his down on her lap and drifted off to sleep. She smiled at his innocent handsome face, and thanked her luck for giving her this wonderful man. She would never have believed that she would fall for a jerk like Aarush. She kissed him softly on his lips.

She pulled back, only to see him smirking at her.

'Where is my birthday gift, Priya?' He asked.

'What wonderful gift could you get besides me?' She asked, smiling mischievously.

'That's true, but I expected a gift from you, you know?' He tried to keep the disappointment out of his voice.

'Did you now?'

'Yes.'

'Well, I can't say I didn't get you one.'

'You can't?'

'Nope. Now, do you want to hear it?' She asked.

He nodded eagerly. This was it. This was the moment she had been waiting for since 3 months. Due to his busy schedule, they had never gone on a honeymoon. She was excited for his reaction.

'Aarush, I'm pregnant.' She whispered.

Within a moment he had her closed in his arms, happy tears flowing down both their faces.

She thought she could write her romance story. Aarush would agree.  But what would she call it? Oh yeah, falling for the jerk.
The end.

This chapter is dedicated to one of my readers, who wanted an epilogue. You know who you are, my dear. Enjoy!