Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Harry opened his eyes and stared at me.

"What's the matter love?"

"You never came home last night and I want to know what you are feeling right now" I asked, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Well..." He grinned and winked.

"Not sexually doofus but about the baby" I asked sort of half laughing half frightened.

"Erm.. I don't know, okay I suppose" he said quietly looking away.

I held his chin and turned his eyes to meet mine.

"Okay you suppose?" I asked.

"Yea" he said as he rolled out of bed, chucked his dressing gown and waddled out of the room.

I too got out of bed but got dressed quickly then followed him down. As i walked down the stairs I stopped. Held my belly and groaned. My breathing paced and I edged myself down the stairs towards where Harry was making his breakfast.

"Harry?harry!" My heart sped up and panic rose inside.

"Jamie?" I heard Harry say as he rushed from the kitchen.

I was leaning against the banister trying to maintain my balance.

"Ambulance now" I managed I squeeze out. Before I knew it I was being hauled into the back of an ambulance. I couldn't see much because I was in too much pain. I hear a lady speak from beside me.

"This lady Jamie has just gone into labour"

********************************

We were at the hospital in no time and as I was laying in the hospital bed being pushed into a large room with big machines and incubators.

"This lady is going straight into her birth which is unusual for a 19 year old, get that checked out nothing to worry about I'm sure" a nurse said pushing my bed.

"Hi Jamie, I'm mel now your about to give birth so on the count of three I want you to push. My assistant will hold your hand. Ok..

1..

2..

3..

Push"

I gathered all strength that I had left and pushed. I was in terrible pain and I needed it to be over so I continued pushing giving everything I had. I screamed as I squeezed the lady's hand.

"Your doing well Jamie and again" she said.

I gave a long, hard push and gave up.

"I don't have anything more" I said in floods of tears.

"It's ok Jamie, you've done it. It's a baby boy, congratulations" the lady said handing me this precious, tiny human. I held my baby tightly but carefully in my arms. Such a perfect human and he was mine. He was gorgeous. I felt the bed suddenly get pushed out of the room we were currently in and into a smaller one. My sister and Harry were waiting for mine and the newborn baby's arrival. My sister cooed and awed as she ran towards me while Harry stood there and smiled. He eventually joined me too and gave me a big kiss. I liked that. I handed my precious son to his father and squeezed my sister so tight.

"Who told you?" I asked weak and tired.

"Harry of course" my sister smiled.

Harry looked and me and smiled and so did I.

We were all talking and discussing baby names. I decided in the end. My precious son is called Harrison. I never knew I could fall in love with a human so small and fragile that I can call mine. Interrupting my thoughts a small petite women walked through my door. I thought I recognised her.

"I think you have got the wrong room number" Harry said from beside me still holding Harrison.

"No I definitely got the right room" she said smiling.

She walked towards me and looked at me then Harrison.

"Sorry do I know you?" I asked, wondering why a stranger had just walked in my room as if she knew me.

"He's a gorgeous grandson, I'm so proud of you Jamie" she said staring at my baby.

"Mum?" Me and my sister both said in unison.