Regrets of us all

After Dark had literally been blown out the window I slammed it shut and locked it as quickly as possible. "Dear goddess that was awful." I gasped slumping against the wall.

​"(Y/n)....What the hell was that?" Shadow asked staring intently at the window, "You and Vaati got along and weren't trying to kill each other?"

"They usually don't?" asked Vio starring blankly at Vaati and giving me a funny side glance, "WAIT WHAT!" He knew it now, I was the one they'd willingly hurt seven-and-a-half years ago.

​"We don't get along too often." Vaati and I said in unison.

​"They've...no they were always at each others throats' before....before" Shadow was struggling to speak and stand at the same time

​"SHADOW!" I shouted without thinking about who was present in the room at the time, "Please don't talk to much, sit back down! Remember cut in the stomach equals you talking less and getting rest! Please Shadow I beg of you don't leave so soon I couldn't live on knowing that you were killed because of my stupidity." I hugged Shadow as I began to cry relentlessly, and repeated my apology over and over. I knew it was my fault that he was hurt this time, all because I couldn't bring myself to kill the enemy as Sheikah had always been taught to do.

"(Y/n) this isn't your fault." Vio said apologetically placing a hand on my shoulder, "Trust me it will be okay I'm sure of it."

​"How can you be so sure of yourself, Vio?" Vaati retorted quickly noting the apologetic tone in Vio's voice. He snapped and held a whirlwind in his hand as a warning to Vio, that obviously meant 'you better damn well tell me the truth you bastard'.

"Well, I've....'time traveled' quite a bit.." He winced at his own answer to the question, for all Sheikah knew that only one person would be able to time travel in Hyrule and one other land. The hero of time whom was destined to save Hyrule, by jumping from child to adult to save his childhood love; the princess of the land.

"How." Vaati, Shadow, and I all demanded together.

"To be honest I'm not entirely sure how it worked, all I know is that as one person the princess sent us back saying 'please regain your childhood that I've taken from you, Link please give me the ocarina'. I know that it's far fetched from your point of view, but a boy by the name Sheik helped me no us on our quest. He told us that he was a Sheikah and everything that would be useful in our journey as one Link." he'd imitated Zelda's voice perfectly when he had said the part about the ocarina.

"Sheik?" I asked hugging Shadow gently caressing his purple hair, "But he was the founder of the Sheikah tribe; Over 120000 years ago when Hylia first came to Hyrule."

"What? Then who...!"

"Save your confusion for later Vio." Shadow said calmly coughing up blood, "For now I need to..get (Y/n) and Vaati away from...here it's not safe for them now."

Vaati and I gave each other a brief look of confusion then it hit us, Dark knew our location which mean the real Vaati whom almost killed Zelda before trying to drain a magical force given by his people to the Hylains would as well. I gave Vaati a nervous look as he stood up, "(Y/n)......." he said , "I've never really liked my father, I was never going to tell you this but things are different now." At this point Vio'd left the room glumly, to greet the others whom had just got back from taking Ruto home.

"Huh?" I asked, "Wait you actually didn't like him."

Shadow laughed weakly at me and Vaati's conversation, "He actually hates his father to death (Y/n). Who do you think framed Vaati in the first place?"

"Shadow..." I said remorsefully, "Vaati....We should leave by nightfall at the earliest, that way we can get ahead of Dark and...and then we can keep these innocent people safe from him." The words tasted bitter in my mouth as I spoke them, for I knew that there was no other choice left but to run. Run from Dark, Vaati, and my problems, as I'd always done since the Hylians had cast me away from them for being a monster disguised as a child. "I don't want anyone else to be hurt by my foolishness, not anymore. The people here are my friends I couldn't bear it if they got brought into this as well. I don't want to run this time but there's no other choice, not this time."