I didn't even know where to begin, I was so nervous that I couldn't think about whether I should shower first and do my hair and makeup or if I should pick my outfit first. On any other day I would know exactly what I was doing but for some reason Ashton makes my thoughts jumble and all I can think about it him.

"Kat" I called out to my best friend who I knew was probably just lounging around somewhere, she came as quickly as I called.

"What do you need? You're interrupting my Teen Wolf" She groaned walking into my room.

I sighed, "Nothing, I was just going to ask you to help me prepare for my date with Ashton tonight, but if you want to go back to Dylan O'Brien and the rest of the characters in Teen Wolf then be my guest" I replied dramatically.

"Okay one, there are more characters in Teen Wolf than Stiles, and two, date?" I giggled at her.

"Yes date, Ashton asked me out as I was coming back home, and now we're going to a restaurant but I don't know what to wear" I complained. Leaving Kat to decide on my outfit I stepped into the shower. 

I tried on the outfit Kat had put together looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a white dress, and they were matched with black heels. Slipping my feet out of the heels I headed back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. Deciding that I had enough time to straighten my hair I plugged in the straightening iron and blow dried my hair while it heated up. After my hair was done I moved on to doing my makeup. I didn't go full out but it was restaurant so I thought I should probably add a little more. By the time I was ready I walked out to find Kat and Ashton, his jaw dropped slightly when he noticed me, I smiled once again feeling extremely happy. 

"Bella!" Kat exclaimed, "You look amazing!" 

"I agree" Ashton said nodding, "You look beautiful Bella" I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

"You two are so adorable it makes me sick, go enjoy your night" I laughed at my best friend as she practically shoved us out of the door.

Ashton and I walked hand in hand to the elevator, "I wasn't lying" He said as we stepped into the lobby, "You look perfect" 

Once again we met with Dave and exited out of the hotel through the back, getting into the van we drove to the restaurant. Ashton and I walked in, "Reservation for Wilkinson"

"Right this way sir" We followed the waitress and found ourselves seated towards the back of the restaurant but of course that was done so there was minimal chance of us being spotted. We ordered drinks, and watched as the waitress took our order and brought our drinks back almost instantly. "I'll be back soon to take your orders" We both thanked her.

Taking a sip of his drink Ashton looked at me, "What?" I asked suddenly feeling self conscious.

"Just wondering what I did to get such a beautiful women sitting opposite me" I blushed at his comment.  

True to her word the waitress came back quite soon and took our orders, Ashton and I were then left to talk. "So, are you at university or" Ashton trailed off, I was expecting one of the boys to ask this sooner or later.

"I am at university, but I've taken the year off for a couple of reasons" I told him.

Ashton nodded, "What are you studying?" He asked ignoring the fact that I was being vague about why I'm not going to university.

"I'm doing a double degree, I'm doing law and also drama" I explained.

"Does that mean you enjoy drama? Like do you see your future in the film industry?" He asked.

I nodded "I definitely enjoy drama and it's always been a dream of mine to work in the film industry as an actress, however that's not a very practical job, so I want to finish the Law degree and hopefully work as a lawyer within the film industry"

"Who said it wasn't a practical job?" Ashton questioned.

I started to list off names, "My parents, teachers, just about everyone else"

"Being in a band isn't very practical either, but look at me. I say go for it, if you're good at it why not give it your all" I nodded feeling encouraged by his words.

"What would you be studying if you didn't become famous?" I asked curiously.

Ashton though about his answer, "I always wanted to do something involved with music, I think I would have become a music teacher. I just like the idea of teaching and music is something that I am passionate about and if I could share my love of music with someone else and teach them then I think that would be a really cool job to have"

Our food arrived so we both started eating but still making small talk. Ashton was the type of person who could talk for hours on end abut nothing, but to the person he's talking to he makes it feel like something. Every word that escaped his lips held me closer, I wanted to listen to him talk all day. When the time came to pay the bill Ashton didn't even let me get my purse out, he insisted that he pay for everything despite my protests.  

We exited the restaurant and got into the van, before we started driving Ashton turned to me, "Are you interested in coming to one more place with me?" I smiled up at him and nodded.

-

We arrived at our destination and I knew exactly where we were, along the river in the city of London. Ashton and I sat on one of the benches.

"Why are we here?" I asked Ashton. "Not that I'm complaining, I love it here, just wondering why"

Ashton looked at me, "I wanted to talk to you without having anyone interrupt us"

Nodding I replied, "Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"Anything" He shrugged, "I just want to get to know you"

"Lets start with music" I suggested, "What type of music do you listen to?"

"I like to listen to a lot of pop-rock but also rock music, what about you?"

"I'd say I have similar taste" I replied truthfully, I didn't believe in changing your interests just to impress someone, it never helped in the long run.

"What's your favourite instrument?" Ashton asked, "Besides drums" he added quickly.

I thought me answer over before replying, "I love the sound of the piano, it's weird but I enjoy playing it a lot. What instruments do you play?" 

"Well drums, obviously" I giggled, "But also guitar and piano, saxophone"

"Interesting mix" I commented.

We spent the next hour or so just talking music. I loved having Ashton around, he made me happier, and I was extremely grateful that I got the chance of meeting him. It scared me knowing that I'm probably going to end up hurting him.

****

Someone get me an Ashton Irwin. I need him for ummm medical reasons, you know.

Bella stresses before her dates with Ashton because she doesn't want to stuff up anything. If you were going on a date with Ashton Irwin would you be nervous? Because I would probably be shitting myself.

Can you believe I still haven't moved 100% into the plot of this story? I'm still setting out the scene a little.

I know I'm rushing Bella and Ashton's relationship a little, but it's not like in the sense where they only see each other on the dates. They meet up fairly often however I don't want to have heaps of fillers in my story so I'm only showing the important meetings.

These chapters are getting smaller again, I'm sorry, I'll try to make them longer.

Fun fact: I wrote this while eating Vegemite toast #StrayaMate

Stay Beautiful

- Jacqui xx