Ch.23: Nothing Gold Can Stay

<3

6/12/13

6/13/13

6/16/13

_________________________________________

*PJ'sPOV*

'Now she's feelin' so low since she went solo, hole in the middle of my heart like a polo. And it's no joke to me, so can we do it all over again?'

I smile as I read the text from my boyfriend of one week, he's too cute.

'I wish I was with you. I want to hug you around the waist and kiss your soft lips. You're beautiful, my darling.'

"Whatcha smilin' at?" Harry asks, laying beside me on the floor, peeking over my shoulder.

"Hunter's text. He's a-freaking-dorable!" I answer.

"I think he's a tool." He tells me, "you should date Niall."

"Ohmigosh, why does everyone want me to date Niall. He's my bestfriend, guys!" I say, seeing as how me, Katina, and Harry are the only ones in the living room at the moment.

"You guys would be reaaallllyy cute!" Kat says, making Harry high five her.

"Shu'up, I'm texting my BOYFRIEND, my boyfriend that is being really cute right now." I tell them.

We're in the middle of one of those 'I love you more' situations.

"Hey, guys!" Liam says, entering the room. "Paul called me. He's quite sick, and he said we get the rest of the summer off before we begin recording again. And Dallas said its okay for us to stay here."

"I'm leaving in two days. But that's awesome! Well not that Paul's sick.. But.. Er.. Yeah." Harry says awkwardly.

"We're gonna watch a movie.. Call everyone." I say, standing up and walking to the movie case, scanning them to find a good one.

"I'LL DO IT!" Bentley yells from the kitchen.

-

Soon, Katina and Zayn are under one blanket on the floor, Montana and Bentley under another on the recliner, Me and Niall under one on the couch, Liam under his own with Loki on another recliner, Harry under his own on the floor, and Jake and Seth under one on the love seat, as 'The Outsiders,' begins to play on the TV screen.

-

"Natures first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaves a flower,

But only so an hour.......

And leave subsides to leaf,

So Edan sank to grief.

And dawn goes down to day,

Nothing gold can stay. "

I quote as Ponyboy recited the 'Nothing Gold Can Stay' poem to Johnny.

About half an hour later, as Johnny is in the hospital and he dies, I can't help but bury my face into Niall's chest and try not to cry, I mean come on, Johnny is my favorite character, right after Sodapop. And then Dally's death hurts my heart as he was my favorite after Johnny.

Oh the dreadful movie/book deaths.

-

"I need to head to town, anyone wanna come?" Liam asks.

Niall volunteers and the two walk out the door together.

"Well, I want ice cream. Anyone want to come?" I ask.