Ch.25; Say Cheese (;

6/25/13

6/26

6/29/13

Right now, I'm sitting outside a ballroom, my friend is at a pajama party inside and I'm not a contestant in the pageant. Whoo. Lol.

_________________________________________

*Pj'sPOV*

"I'm sorry to inform you, but... Dallas, He's.. Not well. He's not well at all. He has cancer. He's had it for awhile. Were you not informed of this already?"

My shattered heart was just ripped out of my chest, thrown on the ground, and stomped on repeatedly by the worlds fattest man.

"W-what?" I manage to sputter, tears pouring from my already red and puffy eyes. "My dad has c-cancer?" The last word comes out in a whisper.

Both Liam and Harry tighten their grips on my hands as I sob into Liam's shirt.

"H-how could I not notice? I'm so f-cking stupid!" Bentley yells, punching the floor he was sitting on.

He rises from the floor and walks to the doctor. "Is he okay right now?" He asks the doctor.

The man sighs, "for now, yes. You can go talk to him. He's awake. One at a time. Two at most."

"I think Bent should go first. He's the closest to him." Montana suggests, tears streaming down her cheeks along with mine, Kat's, and Bent's. The boys are trying to stay strong for the rest of us. Liam failing as a few tears leak from his eyes.

"Come with me?" Bentley asks his girlfriend.

Montana nods and the two of them follow the grey-haired doctor into the hallway.

"Why didn't he tell us?" I ask mostly Liam and Harry, tears still falling down my cheeks, but not as rapid as I realize how grateful I am that he's at least alive.

"Maybe he didn't know.." Zayn answers from across the room, comforting a crying Katina.

We sat in silence for a good fifteen minutes before the couple came back out, cheeks tear stained and eyes puffy.

"PJ. You can head in next." He nods to me.

I nod back, give a friendly squeeze to Liam's and Harry's hands before rising from the floor and following Bent through a large hallway and into a small room. He kisses my cheek and heads back to the others.

Taking a deep steadying breath, I walk closer to his bed. "Hey, daddy." I greet, "how're you feeling?"

Seeing all of the various wires running from my father was quite unnerving, but seeing his smile made this a little less of a nervous situation.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm doing fine." He replied, a smile playing on his lips that broke my already damaged heart.

"W-why didn't you tell me?" I ask, tears slowly sliding down my cheeks.

"I.. I didn't want to hurt you. I wanted to spend a little time with you until.. You know." He answers, not making eye contact.

"No.. You're gonna be fine! Daddy.. You're gonna be fine." I assured, the tears falling faster at this point, "cancer can be cured.. Right?"

"yeah, it can. But not mine. Sweetheart, Im only given two months to live. But trust me, you and your brother have made my last few months great." He smiles, finally looking at me.

"But.. Two months.. That's at the end of summer." I walk up to him and take his pale hand in mine, "Daddy.. That's not long enough!"

"Hey, hey. Listen," he whispers, lifting his hand to wipe my cheeks, "no matter what happens, I'll always be watching over you. All of you guys. I promise."