Chapter 5: The Unexpected Visit

(Swearing and violent scenes of domestic abuse. Read at your own peril.)

Duska

Six months left of my course remaining and i'm studying for my musics history setion. Papyrus is out shopping and Sans is at work, or slacking off. Or slacking off at slacking off as Papyrus says it. A knock comes from my door, did Papyrus forget his keys again? It couldn't be him, he usually shouts first then knocks. I stand up and unlock the door just for it to be aggressively opened, it pushes me to the floor but I quickly get up to see the man standing there. Liam. I had dated once despite my dislike to social confrences but he had seemed so kind at the time, but I was wrong. After a few months he began pushing me to do things that I didn't really want to do, such as cooking and cleaning his own house and completely deserting my own. He started abusing me, both with words and with violence.

"DUSKA! You ran away from me!"

"You broke my damn rib by pushing me down stairs! Of course I did!"

He backhands me hard across the face with his right hand, a searing pain begins on the cheek he hit me.

"Don't yell at me you fucking bitch! Your coming back to Gladston with me!"

"I'm not goi- ARGH!"

His fist flies towards me and a second later i'm on the gound with a searing pain on my lip. My stomach became attacked as Liam started mercilessly kicking me over and over again. Blood came to my mouth but it suddenly stops as a sudden burning sensation makes me scream in pain but a hand to my mouth makes it inaudible. He switches between kicking and the small burning sensations until the door once again flies open to show Papyrus standing there with bags of groceries, mostly noodles, in each hand. He drops them once he sees my condition and bones begin flying around Liam.

"HUMAN! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"Or what monster? You'll BONE me to death?"

"YOUR PUNS ARE WORSE THAN MY BROTHERS. I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL FORCE YOU OUT AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU NEVER RETURN."

"Yeah yeah. Big talk for such a stupid looking monster."

"YOU ARE RUDE AND SO YOU WILL LEAVE NOW!"

Bones began getting closer and closer to Liam, more from behind him to try and usher him out. Liam stays where he is and instead with complying with Papyrus he turns around and kicks me hard on the face, making the world suddenly spin as noises came from the world outside my mind. Someone suddenly lifts me up and I begin struggling, I don't want to leave with Liam!

"CALM DOWN HUMAN! THE ATTACKER IS GONE AND I AM HERE WITH YOU."

I can hear his voice shaking as he talks and my stomach turns at his sadness. He lays me on what seems to be the couch and I try to open my eyes to see him, red replaces any sort of vision that would be there.

"YOUR EYE... YOU ARE LUCKY THE GREAT PAPYRUS KNOWS HEALING MAGIC! STAY STILL."

His boney fingers close my right eye as a tingling sensation comes from my left. Blood turns to blurry images as an orange light covers ninety percent of the fuzziness. Blood comes up my throat and I begin coughing towards the direction of what I hope is the floor.

"I WILL GET YOU A BUCKET THEN I WILL HEAL YOU MORE."

He returns not even a minute later and gently places a bucket onto my lap as orange light returns to the fuzzy vision, is my eye like this for good? Minutes pass and so does what seems to be a litre of blood before the pain subsides and Papyrus allows me to open my right eye. Sweat drips from his skeletal figure but he seems happy as his efforts have made the coughing subside. He ties a piece of cloth around my left eye and puts bandages on a cut that I had gotten on my arm somehow.

"SANS WILL BE MAD WHEN HE GETS HOME."

"Why?"

"HE DOES NOT LIKE SEEING PEOPLE HURT, ESPECIALLY FRIENDS."

"Huh? Wait... friends?"

"YES! YOU ARE THE GREAT PAPYRUS' AND SANS' FRIEND!"

"I'm pretty lucky then..."

"YOU ARE! I WILL GET YOU A GLASS OF WATER."

As he leaves I stand as I lean against the couch, shaking legs hold me up unsteadily. A mirror reflects me from the other side of the room and I hold in a gasp at the sight, cuts all over my arms and face with several bruises beginning on almost every part of my body. I sit back onto the couch just as Papyrus returns with an extremely large jug of water in one hand and a small cup in the other.

"I WILL POUR YOU WATER ONCE THE CUP IS EMPTY. YOU MUST REST."

"I have to study..."

"YOU WILL NOT! YOU WILL REST!"

I sigh as I know how strongly Papyrus fights with something he's passionate about, like with his speghetti. Next week is exams but... I don't know if i'm even able to reach the school without being in pain. I nod as my head rests against the back of the couch as Papyrus picks up the remote and flips through the channels. An ad of Mettaton makes me laugh but the sudden convulsions make my chest burn with pain. Papyrus jumps out of his chair as he rests a boney hand onto my shoulder.

"I AM SORRY FOR PUTTING THE TV ON!"

"It's... fine Papyrus. You didn't know."

The door opens as Sans walks in to the loungeroom, not noticing me as i'm facing away from the door. Only the shuffling of his feet tell me who it is. Papyrus quickly runs over to his brother, panic in his voice.

"SANS! SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED WHILE YOU WERE GONE!"

"did you lose your noodles?"

"NO TIME FOR JOKES! THE HUMAN WAS ATTACKED!"

He quickly walks towards me and I see his smile falter, gasping at the sight of the cuts and the cloth over my eye.

"k... k-kid?"

"I'm fine Sans, Papyrus used some healing magic on me and I feel a little better."

"your eye... who did this?"

"Sans, it's fine."

"duska..."

He walks right up to my face, his height only makes me move slightly to look him in the eyesocket. His left one seems to be glowing slightly.

"who did this?"

"An old boyfriend. I thought he was nice when I first met him but he's a psychopath. Don't worry Sans, he'll get his one day."

"he better not return, unless he wants a bad time."

"Sans... please..."

He tries to walk off but I quickly grab his jacket before he goes out of reach.

"Are... you my friend?"

"huh? of course kiddo."

"Could you please stay here with me? Papyrus looks tired... he used a lot of magic..."

He looks toward his brother who is watching TV instead of being the usual energetic self. I see Sans' facial features turn into an empathetic look towards his tired brother.

"hey bro, it's bedtime."

"ALRIGHT BROTHER."

His voice sounds tired and he even walks to his bedroom, I think he used a little more magic than he should.

"Will Papyrus be alright?"

"he just needs some sleep. i'll be back out in a minute."

He follows his brother into his bedroom and I hear the mumblings of him reading a story to help Papyrus sleep, I have to remember to ask who's older. The mumblings begin to make me tired and I fall asleep before Sans returned from the bedroom.