Chapter 26: Suspicious Skeletons

Duska

Weeks have passed since Sans and I brought Gaster and Sylin back from the void or wherever he was...It was in the afterlife I think? Anyway Sans has gotten shy whenever he's around me which makes him avoid me more, I think he regrets kissing me but I know that I don't. For the past week he's just been gone though, not even Papyrus knows where he is. Right now i'm flipping through the same TV channels over and over again, it's boring to be lazy without Sans.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HUMAN?"

Papyrus stands in front of me in his signature pose, I really need to ask him how he makes his cape flap when he does that. For now I just sigh as I stand up.

"I'm bored Papyrus. Where the hell is Sans..."

"I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE, SANS ALWAYS COMES AND GO'S!"

"Exactly, he comes and go's. But now he's gone completely! Have you asked Gaster? Or Sylin?"

"DAD HASN'T SEEN HIM AND NEITHER HAS UNCLE SY. WHY DON'T YOU CALL YOUR DAD 'DAD'?"

"I'm just not used to having a dad. I will once I do."

"ALRIGHT TH-"

His phone rings from his pocket, I recognise the ringtone to be from Mettaton's new album. He walks towards the end of the room and answers it with his catchphrase.

"IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS! WHO IS CALLING ME?"

I giggle as I head to the kitchen and grab myself a can of lemon soda, my favourite. I pop it open and gulp down a little less than half of it and think about how lady-like I am.

"HUMAN!"

I'm pulled away from my drink and out of the apartment. Papyrus is grabbing my arm tightly and is smiling wide.

"P-aap! Where are you taking me!?!"

"IT IS A SURPRISE!"

"Surprises aren't always good. Remember what happened last time you brought me somewhere as I surprise?"

"YES BUT FLOWEY IS YOUR FRIEND NOW! FRISK HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIM EVER SINCE SANS LEFT, WHY DID YOU SEND HIM AWAY?"

"Because I was too busy worrying about Sans to look after him, I didn't want him to become sick because of me."

The conversation ceases and it's quiet through out the entire car ride, who taught Papyrus how to drive I compliment them on their skill. Once again he insisted that i'd be blindfolded with his scarf which I took without argument. The soft fabric reminds me on how soft Sans' jacket is, I must really be in love if I think about him as much as I am. Time passes slowly by in the car until the we stop and my door opens from the outside.

"I WILL LEAD YOU!"

He grabs my hand and does as he says along a solid path. The wind blows my hair around slightly, tree leaves rustle and the sound of our footsteps distract me from other thoughts. Papyrus suddenly releases my hand and i'm left standing where he left me.

"Oh come on Pap, I still can't see!"

Hands untie the scarf from my head and a sudden pressure touches my cheek. I look over to see Sans beside me on a step ladder, and every friend I have in a house full of food and decorations.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"Huh? Birthday?"

Sylin walks up to me and passes a wrapped present, pictures of blue and green party hats cover the orange wrapping paper. He told me that aqua was the colour of our magic and our family. Knowing that makes the hats seem a little cuter.