Changes for the good

Connie awoke to the screeching of her alarm. She groaned and rolled out of the warmth of Jacobs chest and switched it off.

She went to stand to get a shower but a hand went round her waist and pulled her back into bed.

"And where do you think your going misses?" Said Jacob grinning.

Connie smiled and giggled before replying "Hmm I suppose we could have 5 more minutes" Jacob rolled over so he was on top of her and started kissing her lips, but what he didn't notice was that connie had pulled the pillow of under her head the she hit him round the head with it playfully.

"Oh your so on queen B"

Connie laughed then jacob grabbed another pillow and they started haveing a pillow fight with each other laughing away.

Connie lost her footing and fell onto the bed and jacob took this ad and advantage amd started tickling her while she laughed for him to stop.

"Come we better get ready" said connie once jacob stopped.

"Ugh do we have to?!"

"Oh my god jacob your like a 10 year old boy!" Said connie while walking into her walk I wardrobe. She ended up picking a white blouse with black 3/4 length trousers and her laboutins.

She walked back out and got changes side by side with jacob.

Once they were both done which took ages as jacob kept tickling connie they both went down the stairs for some breakfast then they got in the car and put the radio on.

They go to the ED and walked in hand in hand. Then they saw zoe and went over to say hello.

"Oh hey guys... no grace?"

"No she's at her friends house she was their last night as well, it was her friends birthday" said jacob

"Oh ok at least we font have to worry about her today" said zoe.

"It was a bloody good job she wasn't their this morning as we had a pillow fight and if we had woken grace she wouldn't have been in the best of moods" laughed connie.

Suddenly the doors burst open and they were all brought back to reality.

"Morning Mrs Masters"

"Morning iain what we got?" She asked.

"33 year old female fallen approximately 8 feet onto Christmas decorations, gs was 12 when we arrived improved on route to 15 pulse 90 BP 1/20, query fractured wrist and their might be a head trauma. It looked like she was putting the Xmas decorations away as it is January, oh and she's pregnant.. over on three 1...2..3!" He said.

"Shit she's pregnant?" Connie sighed "Ok cheers iain, right I need a urgent CT scan and can I have the fast scanner so I can check the baby is ok, I need 10 mg of morphine"

Jacob went to go and sort out all the necessaries for his wife while connie and zoe examined her.

They spent 3 hours on this paient be of they were happy to transfer her to another ward so she could recover.

Zoe and Connie went back to their office as it was painful to see a pregnant woman like that and it can emotional for them when something comes through like that so they went to take a break.

"So what happened this morning when you got up?" Asked zoe

"My alarm went off and I went to get out of bed but jacob pulled me back and started kissing me so I got my pillow from out behind my he'd and a hit him and we started to have a pillow fight and having a laugh as we haven't had that in a long time!" Replied connie smiling.

"Fair enough" said zoe with a chuckle"

About 5 minutes later jacob walked in.

"Hey hun Erm is it ok if I go out with the lads tonight for a few drinks down the pub?"

"Yeah go for" said connie smiling before blowing him a kiss as he left.

She turned to zoe and they both said in unison "Girls Night in?"

"Oh shit" said connie as she looked at her watch " Oh wait I still have half an hour"

"Half an hour til what?"

"I have to go an pick grace up from her friends."

"Well I tell you what if I go and pick her up we can go shopping and get some bottles of wine for later and we can ha e it round my place" suggested zoe.

"Yeah ok that's brilliant thank you"

"Oh by the way wheres Clary I haven't seen her in a while"

"Well you remeber when I said she was an actress we she has found a job for a new movie called 'this means war'. Honestly I am so proud of her. But she messages me everyday with updates on everything."

"Omg connie that's great! Send her my love... I better go and get grace I will see you in about an hour?"

"Yeah brilliant, thanks again zoe"

Once Zoe had left Connie grabbed her stethoscope and headed out to seek for Jacob.

She found him in cubicle 3 have an argument with yet again another patient you was wasting time and energy of the emergency services.

She pulled back the curtains and Jacob stormed out.

She closed the curtains again and followed Jacob to the nurses station who had just slammed a pen down onto some papers

"Are you gonna regain your cool?" She asked

"What does that mean?" He asked facing her whilst frowning.

"I saw what you did to that innocent pen... What did it ever do to you?" She replied with a smirk.

"Oh Mrs Masters your so funny!" Said Jacob sarcastically

"Alright no need to be cocky" she smiled before giving him a quick kiss.

"Weren't you suppose to pick grace up in 10 minutes?"

"Well seeing as ypou are leaving me and grace to fend for ourselves while you go out with the " lads" me and grace are going round zoes for a girls night in with a few bottles of wine"

"Well you have fun won't you?!"

"Oh we sure will Mr Masters!"

They quickly kissed before going their separate ways. Jacob went back to his patient while Connie went back to her office to do paperwork and wait for grace and Zoe to arrive back.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I tried to do a nice one funny one, not sure when my next update will be as I am very busy until next Monday so I might not update til next week... Hope you all have a amazing Christmas xxx