5.Vic

As Ana was getting dressed, I found myself staring at her. Ana had a good body despite all of the junk food she ate. And all of the liquor she drank. She was only 22, but still. I wasn't staring at her because she was hot, I just get lost in thought a lot of the time.

                              -:-:-

  The band and I had to go to a sound check, and I made Ana come with me 'cause I didn't want her to get in any trouble.

Ana bit her nails on the ride there. She had her headphones in, so she wouldn't hear me. I poked her stomach. She took a bud out. "What's up?" She asked. Her nail was still wedged between her teeth, so it sounded like "wuzza?"

I moved her hand from her mouth. "Biting your nails is bad. Stop it." I told her. "Breathing is bad. Stop it." She scoffed at me. Jaime chuckled. I glared at him and he laughed harder.

  Anarchy put her bud back in. I watched her as she mouthed the words to some song. I could kind of tell what the words were.

Did you scream enough to make her cry? To turn around, turn around baby, don't return if you think I'm not worth your time.

She let a teardrop fall on her phone screen. The rest of the boys were messing around and didn't seem to notice. "Are you okay, Ana?" I asked her. "I'm never okay. Sometimes I'm just worse." She said and wiped her eyes. "Damnit," she muttered under her breath. She skipped the song on her phone. 'Bulletproof Love' came on and she skipped it. 'Kissing In Cars' came on. She skipped it.

'Time To Dance' came on and she went through her playlist. She pressed 'Vacation Song'. She looked up at me with her grey eyes. "What?" I looked away. "Nothing. Sorry," I said.

The only reason I put up with Ana's mood swings was 'cause she had anxiety and depression. And 'cause she was my BFFL.

When we got to the sound booth we practiced King For A Day, Stained Glass Eyes And Colorful Tears, and A Match Into The Water. Ana gave us a thumbs up from outside. Her phone lit up and she left the room.

I told the guys I wanted to start writing a new song for our new album, Collide With The Sky.

                            -.-.-.-

   "Last night you said you ended up in Palm Springs dancing on tables. Almost fought some bitch at the club. Got kicked out of your hotel and lost your shoes. Well, fuck, what am I supposed to be, impressed?"