20.Ana

I sobbed and sobbed. I held the knife to my wrist and went over and over each and every one of my scars. I started to feel relieved, but it wasn't enough. Vic was banging on the door. "Ana! Ana stop it!" He yelled. I soon heard him in tears.

________________________

By now, I was covered in blood. Vic had stopped screaming and crying at me. He was just talking to me.

"Ana. What's wrong?" He asked me. "T-they w-w-were talking a-b-bout how ugly I was in high school. A-a-and how I was such a whore." I stuttered, tears still streaming down my face. "You're wasted. You're thinking about the past. You don't need to do this to yourself. I know how you feel. We've all been there. I'd put that away if I were you. Darling, you'll be okay."

"I'm not okay, Vic.

"Y'know, Jamie and I were going on ten years, knowing each other."

"Big deal."

"I can't take this anymore! You'd wanna kill yourself too if you were in my place!"

"Can't we talk?"

"I'd rather die."

He was silent. "Vic." I said. He sniffled in reply. "Can you get me a piece of paper and a pencil?" I asked.

He soon returned and slipped the items under the door.

On the paper, I drew a gold gun shooting me with a diamond bullet. In the picture, my eyes were closed and I was crying. My bloody fingerprints stained the page along with the pencil.

"Vic, can you leave me alone for a bit?" I asked. "I love you, Ana." I heard him pad away.

I opened the window and jumped.