{ Chapter 12 }

Clary's POV

My eyelids fluttered open only to be met with surrounding sunlight as it shown through a nearby window; the room brightened by the sunrise.

Laying where I was, I turned onto my side noticing the bed I was in was empty.

A small sigh escaped my lips, while I took in my surroundings; a different large modern bedroom, like Issac's, with a bathroom attached.

Half of me was disappointed he wasn't by my side when I woke. I knew he mostly wouldn't be here, seeing as his room was the next one down; but I still slightly wondered if he would sneak in during the night. The other half of me though, was feeling relief after what had occurred last night.

I had kissed him. Most Mates would be delighted by the fact that they kissed their other half, but I couldn't muster up the emotion; knowing that every step I took with him was a step deeper into my lie.

Thinking about it, I remembered I had been here for a day; it was time to check in with my father.

I promised to mind link with him at certain times in my stay, and also met up with them deeper into my time here. Meeting them face to face would be tricky, seeing as Marcus and his pack was watching on high alert.

I thought about Issac and how I could maybe get to my family by using him in some way. The thought made My Wolf growl lowly in my now awake mind.

Her feelings were part of me, they mixed with my own making me felt a pang of sadness at the fact that my Mate had to be part of this pack.

If only he was like me; then it would be different. If only I didn't have an arraigned marriage awaiting me back home.

Shifting in the crisp white sheets, I got up out of the bed and walked over the full-length window.

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath slowly. I reached into my mind and felt my mental barrier I had put up being lifted. In order to focus I closed off telepathic contact with my pack, I left it up longer than I should've because of what I discovered when I came.

I knew my parents couldn't know about Issac, hiding away the fact I found him would be hard; seeing as of yesterday his scent was still covering me.

Limiting my contact with him made my already solemn mood worsen.

With my eyes still closed, a concentrated on linking with my father. I felt his presence in the back of my mind once my mental barrier was lifted. He was my father, and my Alpha; which was bad news for me. I had to keep all my thoughts on lock down so he couldn't read them too easily.

"Clary." A deep, familiar voice boomed inside my head. He seemed like he had been waiting for me, the sound of his urgent voice in my head told me he wanted to know what I had been up to.

"Hello father, I'm sorry I didn't contact earlier. Things have been- difficult, around here." I responded, my tone submissive and hopefully believable.

"Yes about that. I need you to be more serious about this, you know I could've sent someone else, someone with better communication skills." His voice responded back. I knew he was annoyed, his words not quite holding truth as they downgraded my inconvenient ways.

"I know. But I did get to met the Alpha last night. I've also became close his two sons. I know for sure that Marcus is failing in being a leader for this crumbling pack as well." I spoke into his mind.

"I knew he was, hopefully he will step down sooner rather than later. Anything new that you think I might not know?" My father spoke with a expectant voice.