{ Chapter 14 }

Clary's POV

The ink-black darkness of the bedroom made my body feel a slight chill while I laid atop the white sheets. The breeze coming through the half opened widow wasn't helping as I counted down the time in my head.    

This was the night. The night that I was to meet up with my father, Alpha Kane, and his men; just on the border of our pack and this one.

I was currently sprawled out across the mattress, having gave up on sleep hours ago. The clock to my right glowed bright blue, the only light besides the moon inside the lonely room.

A couple days ago I had decided to distance myself, more than usual, from Issac. I couldn't have his scent all over me when I appeared before my father. Who knows what would happen to me if anyone from my pack found out I was keeping him a secret.

My Wolf was also distant from me, she had begun shutting me out ever since I chose to push away our Mate. Her constant whimpering made me feel horrible while I laid in silence, in the room farthest away from Issac's.

Bringing my hands to my face I let out a deep sigh. My cool fingers splayed across my face while I turned, peaking through them; I gazed at the nearby bright digital clock.

It's time was haunting me, hanging over my head like a lurking threat. I had no more minutes, hours or seconds left though. It was one in the morning and I had to be at the border.

Getting up I tightened my pony tail of dark, messy hair. My hands gripped the window and shoved it upwards, just enough for me to fit through, and just enough to make no sound.

I was depending on the fact that everyone was asleep and off guard, hopefully unaware of my sneaky motives.

Looking down I remembered I was on the third floor, cocking my head to the side I evaluated my fall.

Taking in a deep lung full of air, a cloud of breath swirled around me once I breathed out. I sat my body onto the edge of the window and leaned forward slightly.

The weightlessness of free falling took over my senses, my stomach felt like I left in up on the windowsill as I dropped three stories.

Thinking quickly, I bent my legs to absorb to the impact. I landed soundlessly, a smirk growing onto my face as I looked at the ground, which was now below my feet.

I stood up to look around, making sure I was all alone in the backyard. The gurgle of the pond and rustle of the pines being the only noises.

I took of in a run, needing to reach the cover of the forest in order to shift into my now fully-awake Wolf.

She was in high alert once she realized the risk I was taking. I felt a small pang of relief in my chest at the fact that even though she was trying to ignore me, she still got concerned for our well being.

Going a far enough distance into the forest, I pulled my shirt up over my head and slipped out of my shorts. About a week into my stay here Rosaline and Nina had taken me to buy some things of my own. I agreed to go along, feeling bad for always taking Nina's clothes.

The pack obviously didn't have a deal with the human settlement nearby, like mine did for supplies. But driving out and getting away for a few hours was good for me.

Closing my eyes I tried to get My Wolf to respond, I had to shift for this journey and I was hoping she would get over her constant grudge for a few hours to do so.

It took longer than usual, having been almost a month since I last shifted. But I felt a sudden, familiar warmth, and a quick snap of bones; I felt my body bend forward and senses increase to those of an animal.