{ Chapter 32 }

Clary

Issac was yelling at the top of his lungs, his back arching off the ground in pain. I could tell he had tried to shift right before the bullet hit him, his fangs and claws out and eyes pure black. I was filled with panic as I leaned over him, ripping off his jacket and his sweatshirt at lightning speed. I pressed the sweatshirt to the wound and applied pressure; making his screams pierce my ears once more.

I dared to take my eyes off of him for a split second to look up at what the others were doing. They had all shifted and were in the process of dodging bullets and attempting to relieve the cops of their weapons. I quickly looked back down to Issac who had stopped yelling in agony. His eyes were slammed shut and he was breathing heavily out of his nose, trying to heal himself.

I leaned over him more and took his hand with my free one, still applying pressure to his horrible wound. I shut my eyes tightly and willed every ounce of energy I had into him. I pictured the bullet wound right above his heart healed, and the black blood oozing from the silver gone. After he yelled out in pain again I opened my eyes only to see the amount of blood doubling and his skin pale white.

"We have to get him back!" I yelled to the others at the top of my lungs, protecting Issac's body with my own from the stray bullets still being shot.This trip wasn't worth it anymore, we had wanted to inform the humans of the war but it was only turning out to be a living nightmare. We were out numbered, but wolves always win against humans. Unless deadly silver bullets are involved.

"Stop!" I yelled again after no one heard and kept fighting blindly, trying to get close enough to a cop and disarm them. I couldn't take Issac back on my own and was beginning to panic. I looked down to Issac and felt tears flow right down my cheeks, he was unconscious and the pool of black blood around him was getting too big.

I quickly stood up and sucked in the deepest breath, trying not to shift right then and there. My Wolf took control over my voice and I mustered up all the authority I could. "Stop!" I yelled as strongly as I could, my piercing voice ricocheting off the concrete buildings.

Silence followed my command and guns stopped firing, every wolf's and human's eyes landing on me. "We need to leave now, Issac is dying!" I yelled shakily. If one more bullet went off I don't know if I could control myself.

My pack's eyes went to their Alpha laying in a pool of his own poisoned blood and the humans seemed in shock as to why they couldn't move or shoot anymore. "Help me take him home, now." I looked to each of my pack members and felt the slightest bit of relief when they reacted to my words and ran towards us.

Lucas and the fighters who came along crowed around my Mate. The four wolves placed their snouts under Issac's body and attempted to place his limp form atop Lucas back. Rosaline's Mate came running out from hiding in an alleyway, most likely put their by his Mate and helped to make sure Issac stayed steady.

I felt so angry and enraged that I completely ignored Nina and Rosaline when the tried to nudge me to follow them and the others. Instead, I turned to the confused, frozen humans still starring at me in fear as my pack left me alone. I had no clue they'd be forced to obey an Alpha's command like my pack, but I was beyond relieved when it worked.

"You don't even know who you just shot did you?" I yelled fiercely. "We wanted to help you and you put a silver bullet in my Mate's chest!" My body wouldn't stop shaking, I had never felt this sort of anger. And I'd never felt this much power over so many people.

"A war is coming, and we were going to protect you." I growled, knowing my fangs were out and my eyes were swirling black by the look of fear I received. "Now you'll have to defend yourselves."