{ Chapter 10 }

If you could check out my newest story Lover Of The Last id be so happy!

Clary's POV

Stepping into an Alpha's office was either a good thing, or a very bad thing. In this case I had yet to decide on how to look at things with the Saltus pack, but I knew I had to choose sooner rather than later.

Looking around with a fascinated gaze, I explored the office with my blue eyes warily. My feet felt cool on the hardwood floor, while I took in a scent of old books and papers. I also caught the sense of power that came off of the dark-haired man now getting up from his desk.

The dim lamp casted a eerie shadow on his face as he stood starting at us three.

The office had another large window on the far wall, with a view of the curvy gravel driveway and the dark pines nearby. My Wolf was pushing hateful thoughts into my mind as I met the hard gaze of the man who was plotting against our pack, our family. Noticing I was curling my hands into tight fists, I tried to relax and clear my head.

Once I took a much needed deep breath, I started to try and get a look at Alpha Marcus. He walked forward to us, eyebrows knitted and hands folded behind his large back. His features looked slightly handsome, but you could tell he hadn't gotten much sleep; the bags under his eyes noticeable in the lamp light.

He looked way more like Tobias then Issac. Marcus and his younger son had the same dark-brown, almost black, hair; they also shared the penny colored eyes.

A pang of sadness hit me when I thought of the fact that Issac probably got all of his looks from his mother. His forest green eyes, and light brown hair most likely reminded his father of her every time they looked at one another.

I had seen many wolves in my pack live on without their Mates, it changes them; but its possible. Looking at Marcus now I could see he was slowly letting himself go, he would step down soon; and his sons and his pack knew that.

"Father this is Clary, Clary this is me and Tobias' father; Alpha Marcus of the Saltus pack." Issac spoke into the prolonged silence.

Meeting his dull, light brown eyes; I forced a small smile onto my lips.

"Clary. Pretty name. It's a nickname, am I right?" Alpha Marcus asked. His tone was unreadable and made me nervous inside.

"Yes it is, my full first name is Clarissa." I responded. Not wanting to give away too much information about myself; I had already given them a fake last name.

He nodded slowly turning slightly away from me, now looking to his two sons. Issac was close to my side while Tobias had walked over to sit on the black leather couch to his left. Shifting my eyes inbetween my Mate and his father, I listened.

"You wish to grant her entrance into our pack." The voice I had began to distrust spoke to Issac.

"I do, she has no where to go; from what she said shes got no one left. And I really cant have her go anywhere else seeing as we're Ma-" Issac steadily explained before he was abruptly cut off.

"You're Mates. Fate has shown you to one another and now you cant get enough of the other, its wonderful feeling right; finally meeting that one person you can be happy with?" Marcus spat. I was taken aback by his words, this man was just who I thought he was; a heartless, empty soul.

Issac's jaw was clenched and I could see his muscles tense once again. Taking my eyes off the heated discussion, I looked to Tobias who was staring at his father.

I had no clue what to say, many emotions swirling in my mind at the moment. I didn't like the way he was speaking to Issac, I wanted to grab my Mate and pull him out of the room to get him away.