Going home

[Picture of Nikki Rose White on the media box!]

C h a p t e r 0 1

Nikki's POV

Flipping the pages of my photo album, I skimmed all pictures that were captured when I was a baby 'till I was seven years of age. I stopped halfway when I found the only photo I remembered was taken after everything in our life went wrong.

It was my fifth birthday and I was with my mom and dad. I carried a huge teddy bear almost about my size while wearing a red dress and a party hat. Mom and dad were both on my side sitting down on their knees with their hands looped around me. We all threw wide grins at the camera. It could have been one of the best days of my life, but it turned out to be the beginning of a battle we never started.

"Deary, your grandpa already managed to sleep inside the car. It's been fifteen minutes, we need to get going or we'll be late for the flight!" Grandma hollers from downstairs.

It was almost the end of summer and we had to move back in Sunset Valley for my schooling. It wasn't my birthplace, however, I lived there under the care of my grandparents which has been my life for ten years now. I was practically seven when I lost my parents. My mom died from cancer and my dad vanished on the picture after he decided to leave me in my grandparents' house.

Where do you think did he go? Believe me I had been asking the same thing for so damn long. I tried asking my grandparents about it but all they told me was,

"Your dad just went on a business trip".

Now, I'm seventeen and I can say I'm smart enough to not believe in lies. I mean who goes on a business trip for ten years? Some business, huh...

"Coming!" I called back, quickly putting the photo album in my bag, before taking a long look at myself in the mirror.

My brown eyes stared back at me, and my red lips pulled out a smile. The sight in front of me reflected a picture of my mom. Although, my flaxen hair color resembled my dad's along with my pointy nose. Each of my features remembered me of my past. My parents. The once who left me.

I blinked a few times and gleaned my stuffs before closing the door shut. The room I stayed in for ninety days was now spacious and plainly boring leaving the empty drawers, lonely mirror and fixed bed alone.

As I reached the living room I saw my grandma already walking towards the front door, carrying Sally, her persian cat, with her.

"Got everything?" Grandma asked, noticing that I was already tailing her.

"Yup!" I answered joyfully before closing the door behind me.

So it was another goodbye to my grandparents' summer house and to the white sanded-beach.

"Oh, yes of course! I also bought lobsters and crabs

"Oh, yes of course! I also bought lobsters and crabs." Grandma enthusiastically spoke through her phone while petting Sally who had been purring along the way.

She looked so happy. Actually, all of them on the front seat with enough air to take in and space to move.

And don't mind me. I was totally fine. I was just being sandwiched by two large brown boxes, making it hard to move and making it a bit claustrophobic.

I wish we'd be on the plane right now. I sighed and stared outside the window being mesmerized by the endless beauty of the place, regardless the fact that a big box was blocking a few part of the view. The cool shades of the blue ocean with big waves crashing through the shore, the soft reflection of the white sand along with the princely palm trees dancing as the wind goes by were simply enough to define this place as a beauty of paradise.

I lifted my head and craned my neck up, blinking my eyes with the sun's blinding light. The car then started running in an average speed and houses started to block the wonderful view. In spite of what had just been said, I did not plan on ripping my eyes away from the window just yet.

Two hours later, I found myself still staring outside but through a circular window and sensed the wheels of the airplane already lifted off the ground. Clouds greeted each other joyfully on the vast expanse of the blue sky, and I breathed out with a smile before closing my eyes with the sweet sound of music from the headphones.

Chase's POV

School is just around the corner, and it's time to leave. I'm surely gonna miss this place, though. Not the beach itself, but the girls in bikinis.

"Chase!" My dad shouted as I rolled my eyes in response pretending I didn't hear him called.

I spent summer long way from Sunset Valley. Dad walked his business a bit further from there where I never meant to come, but he said it was close to the beach so I tagged along. I mean who wouldn't, right?

I huffed in annoyance when my dad suddenly blocked my last minute view of wonderland.

"Come on now. Drag that lazy bum of yours. We need to get going!" He ordered after I grabbed my key and peeked one last time on the blonde girl in her red bikini.

Spicy.

"Hey dad, can we get spicy noodles on the way?" I probed, throwing my jacket over my shoulder.

"Well, I've been craving for some more seaweeds and steamed fish. How does that sound?" He suggested.

I cringed, "Dad, we've been eating innocent sea creatures for the whole summer. Can't we delight ourselves a little, away from sea whatevers?"

"Sure. Sure." He nodded, swatting his hand in the air.

A/N: I know that didn't go well enough and it's quite short but we still have more chapters! Still working on my grammar

A/N: I know that didn't go well enough and it's quite short but we still have more chapters! Still working on my grammar. Edits will be done after I completed the story (hopefully)...

So guys, if you found any typos or wrong grammars just let me know on the comment section. :) thank you so much!

Also, please support me on this book! I won't disappoint you, I swear! X) A vote would be lovely!

Question: Where do you likely want to spend your summer vacation?

Let me know down the comment section and I'll see you guys on the next chapteee! :*