Getting ready

C h a p t e r   3 9

"So, have you asked Chase if Nathan is single? Or, have you already planned the setting of when and where Nathan and I would confess our feelings for one another?-- But, just make sure no on will abduct me and lock me in a room with him, like what Chase did to you..." Hailey paused, when she noticed how I reacted to what she mentioned with my eyebrows crimped.

"Sorry, I'm just saying. I mean, that idea of Chase is very uncool. Also, I want something that is formally done in a decent place. Like, perhaps a date?-- Oh! How about a double date? We can all go out tonight with you guys!" She blabbed, as she playfully slapped my shoulder.

Double date?

I suddenly stopped on my tracks and shook my head. "Noooooooo. No no no no no..."

"What? W--" Hailey protested while I cut her off with a whine.

"Hailey, you can't go!"

"Why not? That would be fun, for sure!" She shrieked with joy, giving me a look I would hate to ruin.

"I'm so sorry, Hailey. It can't be done. But, I can promise you that after this night with Chase, I'll set a date for you and Nathan... Just not now, okay?" I responded with a smile, trying to cheer her a bit after letting her down.

Her face melted with a frown, "Well, okay but, a promise is a promise?"

"Yeah, sure." I pulled out my pinky finger before she tangled hers with mine.

"I pinky swear."

Hailey and I just got out from the cafeteria and were heading on to our next classes. She was so hyped when I told her I would go on a date with Chase, until she wanted the same for her and Nathan which I disapproved at the moment. We hadn't consulted Nathan for that matter which was why I wish I could find a time to talk it out with Chase.

"Well, I have to get to class. I'll see you later, okay Nikki?" Hailey asked with a smile. A smile that meant something more than what it should be.

"You mean, tomorrow?"

She glanced at me with her lips parted, letting a swift minute to pass before responding. "Yes... Yes, of course."

Before I could say something, Hailey was already on her back about to flee away, but I quickly grabbed her wrist and looked straight in her eyes.

"Hailey, I'm being serious. It's just me and Chase on this date, okay? And, don't even try to take your brother with you and spy us along the way... Okay?" I uttered, pronouncing each words clearer.

Hailey raised her right hand, and said. "Yes, I won't cross my heart."

"You made it sound like, you won't cross your heart." I furrowed my eyebrows while crossing my hands to my chest.

"No, I'm being serious, we really have to get to class."

I groaned, looking around the hallway and finding it empty. "Fine."

Hailey was like my sister. A very nosy one though. I would even bet my life that tonight on date with Chase, she would turn into a spook with her eyes creeping to watch us. How did I know? Well, simply because she already done that when I had my first date with my ex boyfriend!