Waking up

A/N: I decided to make this whole chapter all about Chase alone. Here, you will know why Chase befriended Nikki all of the sudden, which will cover a short scene on the day Chase first went over to Nikki's house. ☺

C h a p t e r 2 1

Chase's POV

"I was afraid you'll take Stacy with you. Glad to know it was Nikki, but why her?" Scott asked me who was now sitting on the passenger's seat which earlier, before I dropped Nikki, was at the backseat.

I glanced on the side mirror while maintaining my speed. "What do you mean?"

"Well you know, I don't see you guys hang around together... or talk together. You even let her sit on your passenger's seat. It's just... odd."

I wouldn't deny the fact that it was odd, however, I wouldn't say I didn't like it as well.

"Really?--" My eyes surprisingly caught Scott's feet on my dashboard after I casted a glimpse on him.

Scott nodded and made a short sound of approval, "Yes, it is."

"You know what's odd? Is you rested your feet on my dashboard. Come on dude, who taught you that? Please, be professional even just now at least?" I intoned, quickly brushing his feet off, before eying the lit up road.

"Why? Is it because people outside might see you, next to a hideous feet?" He folded his left knee and reached for his toes, carelessly massaging them.

I shook my head and responded, "People are asleep, except us."

"Why do you have to speak of such a sad story?"

"Be it a sad story if the gravity falls." Sighing, I gradually pressed the brake pedal and hit the signal button to the right, even if there were no other cars behind me.

"Gravity falls? Dang, have you watched the movie? I watched it with Nash, and don't tell Nathan!" He exclaimed with amusement.

"What? I'm talking about..." I groaned and swatted my one hand in the air. "Never mind."

Even if Nikki left the car a few minutes ago, her sweet cologne still laced inside. Until suddenly, a weird smell intermixed with it. It perceived an odor of an expulsion of intestinal gas.

Scrunching my nose, I glared at Scott. "Dude, seriously? And you're being silent with it, after you dropped a bomb inside my car?"

"Why?--" He asked, eying me. "Look, I'm a human. I fart, okay?"

I let my eyes roll, before punching the button to open the windows, for the meantime. "Goodness, it smelled like you ate a rotten papaya, and a staled milk."

"I don't eat papaya nor drink a milk, you know that." He protested while pointing out a finger on me.

"Yes, grandpa. Alcohols, and junk foods only. May the Lord and his angels save you."

"Don't worry, I always pray every night." He smiled, wiggling his eyebrows.

We were approaching Scott's house, and I lowered my right hand to shift my gear. Without seeing it, my elbow bumped into Scott's knee, sending an short electric current to crawl up my arm, due to the sudden sharp impact.

"Shit, Scott! Please..." I muttered, pushing his knee off as I held the joystick, dragging it back to first gear, slowing down.

Scott grunted as multiple clicking sound occupied the air inside the car. I looked at him again at the corner of my eye as he rubbed and flicked his toes.