Prop who came to life

C h a p t e r 0 8

"Where is Stacy?" Paul repeated the question to Linda for the fourth time.

We had been on the bleachers for twenty minutes, and Stacy wasn't here yet. Linda kept on calling her on her phone but she was not answering. We weren't even sure if she wanted to cooperate on the play.

Earlier, Paul texted us to meet on the uncovered stand of multicolored tiered planks arranged around the field on our vacant time to discuss the play. The bleachers actually been painted off with the school's colour recognition, which were boring blue and much boring white with a wee bit of brown. The white part of the bleachers turned gray-ish with shoe marks, together with slightly seen vandalisms.

Let's be real here, it was a school for kids, not for elderly grannys.

Linda groans as she repeatedly taps the call button, "Come on... Pick up. Pick up. Pick up..."

"Piss off... She's not answering. Can't we just kick her out of the group?" She questioned annoyingly, putting her phone back in her bag while Paul nods in agreement, with his eyes focused on his laptop.

After meeting them for more than ten minutes and had some small talk, I realized that they weren't that allergic to humans. In fact, they were really fun to be with.

"But we can't just do that." I remarked a sad truth.

Mr. Blaze was the one who grouped us, not us. Nonetheless, I frankly and eagerly wanted to get rid of her.

"She's right Linda." Paul agreed, taking the bottle of water standing on his side as he rolled its cap counterclockwise.

"But you agreed on my opinion to kick her out of the group in the first place!" Linda exclaimed, while she abruptly grabs the bottle away from Paul who was just about to drink from it.

"He isn't paying much attention." I faintly muttered.

Paul has been working on our presentation slides, so basically he just let out that nod, oblivious.

"Kick who out of the group?"

All hail our queen, strolling towards us with her hand intertwined with some dog.

Chase.. So, the badboy and the badgirl united. Typical. I thought, rolling my eyes.

I don't know why but Chase seemed to had noticed, since he crooked a smile at me. Okay, I'm rolling my eyes once more. I thought rolling my eyes, again.

No one even dared answer Stacy back. I mean, it's her! Why bother, right?

"By the way, Chase will be with us on the play!" Stacy stated happily, breaking the awkward silence surrounding us all.

My face dropped, along with my shoulders. Is she already playing?

"Stacy, we can't just let him be in our group. He's not even a part of our history subject." I stated as a matter of fact.

"And it would be unfair since Mr. Blaze grouped us by four, and we're joining another one." Paul added while cleaning his reading glasses.

The light on his laptop tells me it was set on a hundred percent brightness, as it mirrored unto his arms along his chin.

"No worries! I already told Mr. Blaze about this, and he agreed. I told him we'll make Chase as a prop since we don't have a boy in the group. I'm the queen so I better have Chase as my king." She announced not taking her smile off on her pretty little face, along with her gleaming eyes that doesn't speak like she was in love, instead was screaming like she won a lotto.