Ride with the jerk

C h a p t e r 1 0

I closed the door and casted a glimpsed at the stars who were mockingly twinkling at me.

"Put your seatbelt on." Chase ordered as he started the car and turned on the radio.

His words sounded intense, but that was clearly not the reason why I hurriedly fastened my seatbelt. I watched Fast and Furious, and most of all I knew how Paul Walker died.

R.I.P baby.

Also, in my situation the driver's ego was more than enough to get the car running by itself.

Without seeing beforehand, the dead road went back to life after a stickered car with a growling muffler, and an attached spoiler passed by, making Chase smirked in a more irritable way.

This is not good.

I gave him the don't look, but let us be real here, he wouldn't do that now, would he? An evil grin formed on his lips and bolted the car without letting another second to drop.

The road zoomed in as Chase kept on shifting its gear. Everything around us passed by in a blurb scene as my face started melting backwards, and my knuckles to turn pale white. A repeated sudden lane changes made me yelped and bobbed out of my seat. This was exactly the reason why I hesitated on riding with a dangerous driver. I didn't even wish for this ordeal to happen.

I wanna live! I replayed it in my head while Chase focused on chasing the other car. But the thought wasn't helping at all, added by a rap noise the radio was blaring it just made it worse.

Stress washes over me as I wondered if Chase really was this type each time a fast car ran before him. Like a dog who would chase another dog once he saw it running without him. A relief filled my lungs, when two roads with glowing signage flashes ahead us. The left road leads to our home, and the right road would lead us through the highways.

"Turn left!" I pointed, but he ignored my remark and drove fast through the right lane, into the tunnel. Didn't he hear what I just said?

"Chase!--" I started, but I got distracted when he swerved to the right, with the attempt to overtake the other car.

But, he quickly pulled his brakes, creating a screeching sound as he tried to avoid the other car who just cuts us out of the lane. With this failure, Chase responded with it by shifting the gear and hitting the gas, roaring the car like it was the last drive.

Jesus, help us! No, me. Help me! I cried deep through my thoughts.

We swiftly passed by the tunnel and made it through the highway. This is making me feel sick and anxious. I closed my eyes and just let my ears listened to growling engines, and sirens. Police?

Quickly, I perked my eyes open and turned my head around, seeing three police cars behind us.

Goodness, no!

My heart knocks out to my chest and I couldn't do anything but to breathe and hold tight to my seat. Chase only chuckled, with his eyes still focused on the road as he drove faster, tailgating the other car with an inch gap.

After reaching the same acceleration of the other car, Chase precipitately turned the wheel followed by another screeching sound from the rubber tires on the concrete road as he overtook it. He scrolled the window on my side having the clear vision of the driver of the other.

He wore a mohawk hair and his half body in sight was covered with tattoos, which to me wasn't even attractive. With another swift movement, Chase grabbed something underneath his seat and pointed it out. My eyes went out of their sockets and I gasped, seeing him holding a gun.