Something white

C h a p t e r 2 4

School hours was over, and we just got out of our classrooms. I hadn't seen Chase on our history subject. And I noticed that he had been skipping classes, lately. I wonder what's up

"Let's go shopping!" Hailey exclaimed, making all students nearby to stretch their heeds on us. .

"I'm in!" Torry beams excitedly, raising her hand.

Sandra grinned, "Me too!"

On our lunch time, the girls decided to go to the mall, and look for a white clothing for Nathan's upcoming party in white. Even during classes, I could hear a faint exchange of talks about the said shindig, which came out really annoying to me. Especially, what I had been planning was to keep my ears covered until no one speaks of it. My drama wasn't just because of the party itself, but also because of Chase.

"Hey, you're coming too. Right, Nikki?" Torry darted me a question, magneting multiple eyes to stare at me.

I chuckled nervously, "Uhm..."

I can't...

"So, what do you think of this?" Hailey asked, already wearing the white floral dress as she stood in front of the mirror

"What do you got for your shoes?" I probed, as I rummaged each clothing racks for a white dress.

They said to wear casual clothing. I told Hailey I was much comfortable wearing white shirt and leggings for the said party, but she swats my idea, and went for dresses instead.

Are you wondering how I got here? Well, there wasn't actually any other reasons as to why they wouldn't let me go with them.

Sandra released a heavy sigh, hanging a teal coloured chiffon dress on the rack. "Can we try another store?"

"Yeah, we should try." Torry agreed.

"I don't get it." I uttered, walking over to Hailey who just handed the dress back to the sales lady.

"What do you mean?" Hailey questioned.

I breathed out, "I don't know... The theme, maybe?"

"Nathan always strikes for a wild party. So, why didn't he just name it something colorful? Fun, or even wild?" I questioned, taking a walk with the girls outside the shop.

"We don't know what got in his mind, but let's just go with the flow and see where it goes." Torry quoted.

"Besides, it's Nathan who's throwing a party, not some random cheap guy in school. He won't let anyone leave the party unhappy, and disappointed." Hailey pinpointed, while lifting her index finger in the air.

"And, wasted..." Torry grinned as Hailey agreed, giving her a smirk and a nod.

I don't feel convinced enough with everyone being cool with it. Even just imagining the picture, seeing kids dance in white was likewise seeing corpses rise from their graves. The whole idea of the said party was literally blowing my brain. Although, it wasn't like everyone of us speaks one in mind, however, my guts tells me not to go too.