His new field

C h a p t e r   0 6

"Aren't you a role model, captain?" I sneered, rubbing my head as Chase sashays towards us.

"Not my fault. I told you to duck." Chase boldly spoke as he shrugged like it was my fault that I got hit. What a freak!

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Oh, so now it's my fault?"

"Probably." Chase nodded innocently.

Excuse you?!

"Well, who the hell would even play football inside the cafeteria, huh? Aren't you an idiot." I grimaced, lowering my tone on the last sentence.

"C'mon, it's not like I cut your skull open or anything that would end you up at the hospital." Chase curts, sloping down to pick up the football while I followed him with my eyes. "You don't have to be a crybaby."

"What? I'm not even being a crybaby, you asshole!" I jerked up on my feet.

Chase straightened up and threw the football up in the air, effortlessly catching it.

"Do you have a dictionary?" He spontaneously asked. Curiosity filled his eyes.

"Yyyyyes? Why does that matter to you?" I furrowed my eyesbrows in confusion.

"I'm just wondering that you might be missing the definition of.. You know.. Crybaby?" He smirked.

"I told you, I'm not!"

"Whiner?"

"Dirtbag!"

I actually never spoken to Chase, until now. And this was basically the first time I laid my eyes on him up close. His stare was very intense as his hazel eyes challenged me with something that was so deep. I just tend to look at him on the field with the other jocks, playing the game. That was what football players usually do but this guy actually made the field wider in his range as girls began one of them and now... the cafeteria. Unbelievable.

"You know what? You're a nerd, so why won't you act like one and run away with your little feet instead?"

What? I have little feet?

I dramatically threw my hand on my chest, and breathed out. "I don't have a little feet. Why would you say that?"

"Nerds." Chase shook his head, with a chuckle.

No... Nooooo! Nikki, you're losing it!

I crimped my eyebrows, and put back a fighting mask. "At least I'm not some retarded guy who doesn't even know how to make an apology."

"Speak for yourself, I warned you. You somehow owe me a thank you, you know?"

"Thank you??" I gritted my teeth and shot him a dagger that were about to cut through his thick skull.

"You're welcome." He smiled then added, "Although, you should have been more sweet and relaxed."

"Are you kidding me right now?? You hit me with a ball, a football! And we're not even on the field, you dumbass!"

"Well, why don't we just call it an accident?" He stated, in a calm way.

All I wanted is for him to lower his pride and say an apology! I grumbled in frustration, as some kids started to gather around us. I was pretty sure we'd be on the school tabloid for tomorrow. Although, that was highly doubtful. Chase could easily manipulate the girls on that section with a wink and tell them not to put it on the newsletter.