Just their POV's

C h a p t e r   1 6

Chase's POV

"Get in!" The policeman yelled while shoving me inside the cell.

This stupid manacle was making my wrists ache. I groaned in frustration and shook my head before grimacing at the police officer already on his back allowing himself to leave. My anger gradually shrunk after seeing his bulbous butt. However, his uniform made me uneasy with how fitted and uncomfortable it feels with just seeing it on his portly type of body.

One of the policemen recognized my car and license plate on that night with Nikki where we were being chased down the road. To my dismay, I was claimed on performing a drag race when all I ever did was to be a hero and help them on their job.

Moments later, I happened to bethink what Nikki did after asking me to stop the car earlier. She just ran away a couple of seconds before a police took me. Whatever her reason was, I somehow blamed her for this.

Looking up at the long-in-the-tooth ceiling and trailing my gaze down on the rusty bars, I averted my gaze with disgust. The walls were painted dark gray with just a few bulb letting out a feeble light.

"Enjoying?" A raspy voice from a man mocked.

My brows furrowed in confusion before making an eye contact to the one who just spoke. The man was in the other cell across the room while wearing a face of an addict. He had a dark skin, hulking built, but with short appearance.

He's not much of a threat, is he?

"Overjoyed." I snorted.

Have I met this man before? I asked myself.

The man smirked, playfully gripping the bars with his bare hands. "Caden, would be delighted to see you here, you know?"

Caden?

Nevermind him. Why is his bars newly painted? They're like new sets of ladies earring.

"Let's just say it may ruin your... reputation." He trailed off, interrupting me from my deep thoughts.

Just before I could berate the man, a scrawny, can't-kill-an-ant looking police officer entered the room making us draw our attention to him.

"Chase Grey." He spoke with his deep round voice, delineating that he could kill a cockroach.

I did a nod even if he had been staring at me when he walked in. Why does he have to ask if he already knew who I am? I could have saved that nod for something more important.

The cop walked towards me, unlocking the cell with just a flick of his wand, I mean key.

"Come with me." He commanded, along with getting rid of the handcuffs on my wrists.

"You're going down, Grey! You'll see!" The unknown man repeated in a dramatic way while letting out a stereotypical laugh after we exited the room.

Never gets old. I shrugged, smirking while we ambled over to a hallway. The dull grey wall coating before turned bright as white. We past by a couple of photo frames hanging on the wall with cops in uniforms awkwardly smiling behind each wiped glass. I don't get how people get to smile at work when it all ever did was to stress you out. I knew it, because of my dad.

"You know each other?" The policeman pried while it sliced through my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes before spilling out an answer. "Bff."

The policeman looked at me with askance before shrugging. I didn't care giving false information about this guy. It was not his business anyway.

"...I don't want anyone from the outside to know about this, got it?" Great. That's obviously dad.