Egg hunt

A/N: Late Easter update!!!

Before everything else...

WOULD YOU RATHER; search for the rabbits 🐇 or, eggs🥚🥚??

C h a p t e r 4 4

"Too tight!" Hailey groaned while pulling the outer garment covering her legs while we ambled our way through the hallway with other students.

Back home, she won't stop nagging me as to how she should look good and slender for Nathan. The clothing she planned to wear for the day was a fitted long sleeved shirt and a comfortable tights. However, disliking the fact that she gained weight, precluded her on slipping them on. She increased a few pounds and it was undoubtable after seeing her ate a humongous amount of food for the past days.

I glimpsed at my jeans in her before shrugging. "It wasn't my fault you chose to wear that."

"Well, it's not my fault either. I just wanted to have slim legs similar to yours!" She whines, and emotionally motions her hand to mine.

I breathed out, and pursed my lips. "Constricting your legs with a skin tight jeans is a vein killer. How many times do I have to tell you that before you get it?"

"I do get it, but I care much about my outward aspect for the meet-up."

"It doesn't matter anymore. Just be you." I rummaged my bag for the leggings I brought for her to change into, in case needed. "Here, change."

Hailey took the black cloth from my hands, and nodded. "I cannot risk losing my legs so..."

A quick five minutes after, we were already walking towards our classroom. We got in school early as forty minutes before class so we could start our little project, and also not to rush with the clock.

"Okay, here's the plan. We'll take turns so we won't get caught, all right?" Hailey uttered her opinion with regards to sneaking a snooze in our math class.

"Clear, but only if..." I paused, before cotinuing it a whisper while we entered the room. "You succeeded on your program of action to switch a seat at the back."

She leaned to my ear, addressing her response in a faint sound, and giving me a thumbs up thereafter. "Don't worry, I got this."

"Alright." I answered and let out a deep audible breath, before striding my way to my seat, and let Hailey wave her bum to the guys at the back row.

While waiting for her, I hooked my phone in my bag and typed a message to Chase.

A couple of minutes ago, I had thought that having a ride with him and a blabbermouthed Hailey won't be the best option to go to. And so, I told him that I will be taking the car to school with my best friend.

Already in math. Where are you? <

Can we meet at the field after first class? I need your help. 😟 <

After less than sixty seconds, Hailey was already sauntering towards me with triumph etched on her face.

"So?" I simply asked, putting my phone back inside my bag.

She flashed a smirk, and waved her eyebrows. "I did it. Now, let's go before Mr. Stone comes in."

I hastily stood up while we strolled our way to the back seat. The boys gleaned their stuffs with them as they went on their feet, and then gave us both a high five.