Chapter 9♤

Chapter 9

-Paris Pov-

"Oh please, Paris there is no way you don't like any guy here." Tonya laughed.  

"I don't like anyone here. They're all muscle heads." I say. The Septem and Arcanum are currently waiting for breakfast.

"I take that into an offense," Eugene says, placing his hand over his heart dramatically. The table laughed.

"I'm sorry, but I barely like any guy. I have high standards." I say defending myself.

"Whatever can you say virgin for life." Jewels smacked her gum. I threw my napkin at her. "Love you too." The breakfast came in with pancakes, eggs, and bacon filling our plates. Orange juice filled out glasses.

"Layla are you worried? The pixie carnival is coming up." Graham asked.

"No. No one has taken my title for four years. I've been the Arcanum since I was a freshman. I'll be fine." Layla boosted.

"Not to be completely stupid, but what's the pixie carnival?" I asked.

"The pixie carnival is the only time that a pixie can take the title of Arcanum. The whole pixie classes will go against Layla. This carnival happens twice a year. Layla has held this title for four years, this being her fifth. She is the longest reigning Arcanum ever." Ariel explained.

"Awh Ariel you flatter me." A light blush tinted her cheeks.

"Also classes are canceled for the day because the knights get to watch the carnival," Ryder added. I finished my breakfast up fast and excuse myself. I was meeting Gwen and she should be here any moment. I open one of the doors and walked out. I saw Gwen approaching.

"Hey, are you ready for your first day of classes?" I greeted.

"Yeah. I'm excited." She answered.

"Okay well, I just found out that we have history together." I squealed. She hugged me and we walked to class. People looked at Gwen jealousy because she was walking with me. We came to a door and I knocked. It disappeared into dust and reappeared when we stepped through.

"Hello, Mr. Minato." I greeted. He had slick back grey hair and deep coral eyes. He wore a black suit and dress shoes. A monocle hung from he suit pocket.

"Hello Septem Paris." He greeted.

"Mr. Minato this is one of the new pixies Gwen." I introduced her. She said hi and shook his hand.

"Let's see her transcript says her name is Genesis. How come you go by Gwen?" Mr. Minato asked.

"Because it's shorter." She said.

"Okay but I'm calling you Genesis. Please take a seat." Mr. Minato sent us off. I walked to the top row with Gwen shortly behind me. Someone was in the first-row seat, but the second seat was vacant.

"Gwen take the second seat," I said. The student got up and moved as I stood beside the desk and moved down a row.

"I can't believe they obey you," Gwen said with a astonish look in her eyes.

"You get used to it." My desk was suddenly frozen with my hand with it. "Who did that," I yelled. Mr. Minato sat back and watch. Like I've said before only the headmaster has control over us. The teachers can only fail us. I heard a snicker from a couple of girls. Pixies. I should have figured.