Finale

I sighed as I looked out window to the cloudy sky. It was always cloudy here yet there was no rain.

My hag of a grandmother left a couple days ago. To say she wasn't pleased I had called Tamaki was an understatement. Tamaki hadn't stopped calling me. In the past week I've gotten 52 missed calls and 74 messages from the host club.

The phone was still buzzing in the drawer I left it. I couldn't bring myself to look at it anymore.

I wish I was still ignorant in France. Yet, at the same time I wouldn't change a thing.

Today the man- I mean, ugh, my fiancè and I were getting ready to go on a business trip. To Europe I think? After that we were going to America. Then England. Tokyo. South America. Canada. That was just a portion of the places he planned out. In each place we wouldn't stay for more than a week.

I looked at the room I was in. Dreadful. I was to big. I didn't need this much space. There were beauty products everywhere. Tight dresses that would probably suffocate me. Pinchy shoes that looked like torture devices. And jewelry that probably weighed more than I did.

"Mrs. Grandite, the car will leave in 10 minutes." The maid bowed.

I nodded and she scurried out of the room.

I sighed and stood up, stretching as I looked at the drawer hesitantly.

Should I take it?

I shouldn't. The hag will be angry and I'll just get homesick...

However, even as I though that, I pulled the phone out and slipped it into my jacket pocket.

With that I walked out of the room with nothing but the clothes on my back and a hidden phone that had momentarily stopped buzzing.

As I climbed into the car I thought, maybe they finally gave up and got the hint, I should've known they don't give up easily. Especially when they feel passionate about things.

As the car rolled away and the fiancé began insulting everything, I knew the world reflected my mood.

But I knew what people with money went through.

Everyone has to make sacrifices. Rich or poor doesn't matter when it comes to decisions. Poor have to take on extra jobs. Rich marry off their children. In the end it always ends with a bittersweet note.
____________________________

The first time I noticed the car tailing us at high speed was halfway to the airport.

At first I thought it was a group of drunk teenagers.

That all changed when I saw a blonde idiot waving and calling my name. Apparently my fiancé noticed that little detail too.

I groaned and opened the phone.

Clearly displayed on the screen was a message from Tamaki,

We're bringing you home.

The driver sped up and we arrived at the airport, gaining plenty of odd looks at the sight of 4-5 people sticking their heads out of the windows in a car chasing us.

Dylan, the man I was *shudder* engaged to, climbed out of the car angrily.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He scowled and I mentally smacked my head. Why couldn't we just go straight to the plane? Because that was just to easy!

I climbed out of the car with a defeated sigh. Did life just have to be a jackass?

"Hi Ayame!" Alyssa waved despite the glaring contest Tamaki and Kyoya had with Dylan.

I sent her a bland look and started unpacking the car. This was probably going to take awhile.

"What are you doing Aya-chan?" Honey asked curiously.

"Unpacking."

"Oh, are you going to put it in our car?" He tilted his head innocently.

"No, I'm putting it in the plane." I said blankly.

"But why! We came to take you home!" Honey whined.

"I'm not going home. I'm going to...where was it again?" I rolled my eyes.

"Europe." Dylan crossed his arms.

"She's coming home." Tamaki said seriously for once.

"She's going to be my wife. Wives are expected to accompany their husbands." He sent a triumphant look to Kyoya for reasons I cannot fathom.

"I know why you're doing this Ayame." Tamaki said suddenly.

"Oh really." I replied not pausing to hand all of Dylan's suitcases to the butler.

"You don't have to do it." He continued.

"Uh huh."

"Grandma doesn't have control over the company anymore. We got her to retire."

"Is that so."

"She can't force us to marry anyone." I could feel eyes on the back of my head.

"Great."

"Come on Ayame. Come home."

"You know, I would do that. But I can't." I said as I handed the last suitcase to the butler who nodded respectfully.

"Why?" He pleaded.

"Did the hag tell you why I agreed to this?" I finally turned back. Well, someone knocked out Dylan. What a shame.

"So I wouldn't have to marry Eclair right?" He smiled.

"That is partially why." I kept my face blank. "The other reason was mère." Tamaki went rigid at that. "The hag promised once I married...it we would both get to see her again."

I knew my voice was desperate. I hadn't seen my mère in years. I just couldn't bring myself to give up on her. Even when I knew the hag could lying.

Suffocating silence shrouded us. Shock was covering my brothers face.

I never thought I would grow fond of these weirdos. Yet, here I was. Pain clenching my heart.

My head and heart both fought. My head told me to go. To bring back my brother and i's mère back. But my heart told me to stay. Stupid heart.

"I-It's okay." I looked at Tamaki in surprise.

"We still have the rest of our lives to live happily and find our mom." He smiled, not the weird princely smile he gave girls, but a genuine kind smile. I looked at his eyes, identical amethyst, for any sign of lies or deceitfulness.

"I just got my little sister. I'm not willing to give her up." I glared at him.

"You are so cheesy it isn't funny." He gaped at me.

"C'mon! We were having a brother/sister moment!" He whined.

"I have to agree senpai, that was pretty cheesy." Haruhi said.

"Cheesier than Hikaru." Kaoru agreed.

Hikaru and Alyssa flushed.

"Cheesier than cheesecake!" Honey piped in.

"Hm." I'll leave that to your imagination.

I chuckled at his crestfallen face. "Let's just go home cheeseball." His face lit up like fireworks and he grinned.

"Race you!"

"Wait." I walked over to Dylan and kicked him where the sun don't shine. I turned back to see all the boys wincing.

"Race you!"