Drawings and Sleep

@MaxineSnow for the cover of my story

Elita's POV

As much as I liked hugging Nico there was food. I let go and sat up. I grabbed the tray that Percy brought in. There was two pieces of country fried steak, some potatoes, and two bottles of water.

I look over to Nico to see if he wants any, but he's asleep again. At least that's what it looks like. I set some of the food back down for him for later.

As I munch on my country fried steak I look around for something to do. I notice a sketch book sitting near Nico. I set my food back down before picking it up.

The cover was dark black and made out of a very sturdy matterial. I flipped open the cover curious to finf out if it's Nico's. On the corner of the first page I see his name.

I turn to the next page and his first drawing is of this girl. She looks a lot like Nico. It must be his sister. I continue flipping through some of the pictures are beatiful and full of life, but others are dark.

I set the sketchpad back down next to him. Curious as to where he learned to draw so well. I looked at Nico and he was fast asleep.

Not wanting to disturb him or sleep, I carefully get out of the bed. I stand up and start to take a few steps. My head starts to hurt slightly but I just ignore it.

Not wanting to worry Nico when he wakes up, I look for something to write a not with. There's a pen over on a table that Will must have left.

I grab a napkin from dinner and think about what to write. I don't want it to be too long but I don't want it to be too short. So I write, Hey just went for a walk didn't want to wake you. Be back later. - Elita.

I set the napkin next to him on top of his sketch book. Ignoring my head ache I exit the room I start to walk down the hallway, hoping I'm going the right way. After about 30 minuets I finally find the doors outside.

The sun feels nice on my skin. I head towards my cabin to get change, after all I have been wearing these clothes for a few days. I should also shower I think to my self.

When I get to my cabin Percy and Annabeth are in there. They stop kissing as soon as I opened the door.

"Hey I didn't know if you would be spending tonight at the cabin. Give me a moment I can clean up." Percy says and starts getting up.

"That's okay I'm just grabbing some clothes and going to take a shower. No need to rush." I tell him walking over to my drawer of clothes and taking out a new outfit. "I'll see you later."

I leave the cabin quickly, so he and Annabeth can have some privacy. I head over to the bathrooms. I set my stuff down and take off my clothes before stepping into the shower.

I turn it on and sigh as the hot water cascades down my back. I quickly wash my hair and body. I want to go and vist my few other friends here and stretch my legs.

I change into skinny jeans and a t-shirt. I slip my combat boots on and exit the bathrooms. I debate whether or not to return my old clothes to the cabin. They were torn and had dried blood on them. I went and tossed them into the nearest trash can.

Then sun was starting to set but I wasn't tired yet. Not wanting to head back to the cabin or bother Hazel or Piper, since it was getting late, I head towards the woods. It was quiet and peaceful there.

I wonder what day it is. I start to think. We went shopping on Saturday, and Percy says I've been out for two days. Therefore it must be Tuesday.

All of that thinking made my headache. I sit down at the base of a tree. Without relizing it I slowly drift to sleep.