Teasing and Splashing

Elita's POV

We walked to the end of the pier and sat down on the edge. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he put his arm around my waist. Being there reminded me of the other night when we were here. Though this time it is was planned. Thinking of how much fun that night was I smiled to myself. Nico looked at me.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" I questioned.

"You are, I'm just not used to people smiling around me I guess." he told me.

"Well you're going to get used to it with me around." I replied.

"You didn't smile this much before." He sayed.

"Has it crossed your mind that maybe you make me happy and that's why I'm smiling?" I asked.

"Usually people aren't happy to be around death." He answered.

"Guess I just like living dangerously," I replied, "But to answer your original question I was thinking about the first time we were here."

"When you drenched me with water instead of waking me up nicely." Nico said.

"You mean like this?" I said and then shoved him into the lake. As he fell in i saw the look of pure smile on my face. I started laughing and dint realize he was reaching towards me. Before i knew it I was being pulled into the water. I splashed water at him as payback for pulling me in, even though I deserved it.

"I'm not starting a water fight with you." Nico declared.

"Are you scared?" I questioned jokingly.

"You can control water," Nico stated, "I would be destroyed."

"Why would I want to destroy you?" I asked with a smile.

"Maybe because you like power." Nico suggested.

"Nope power takes to much responsibility, and I'm a lazy person so...no." I replied.

"Hmm....maybe because.....cause...." Nico said.

"If you can't think of a reason then it's not true." I told him, "Which means you have no reason to not have a water fight, I won't use my powers, at least not a lot."

And with my last words I felt water hit my face and a smirking Nico in front of me. I quickly retaliated with splashes of my own. We were laughing and having fun for a few minuets it felt like eternal bliss. Then all of a sudden Nico pulled me close to him. I used water to keep us afloat so we didn't have to tread water.

"Don't ever leave me." Nico whispered in my ear.

"I won't." I told him.

"I haven't felt this happy in a long time I can't go through the pain of losing someone again, I can't." He whispered. Realizing he is talking about his sister and his mother, I pulled him closer and ran my hand through his hair.

"I'm going to miss not sleeping next to you tonight." Nico told me.

" I could always sneak over to your cabin." I suggested.

"I don't want you getting caught." He said worried.

"I've snuck out before, do you not want me to be with you?" I questioned.

"I just worry about you, and what Percy might do to me." Nico answered.

"I can deal with Percy, he can't do anything if I tell him you didn't know I was sneaking over to your cabin." I reassured Nico.

"Okay, just be careful." He said to me and I nodded my head. He pulled himself up onto the pier and then helped me up. As we walked back towards the camp Nico realized we missed lunch.

"I should have payed more attention to the time, sorry." Nico apologized.

"It's not a big deal." I told him, " i can wait till dinner."

"No, I'll get you food." He told me and stopped to think. "I have an idea, come with me."

"Where else would I go?" I replied sarcastically. Nico rolled his eyes at my comment. He grabbed my hand and started to walk to his cabin. "What are we doing?"

"You'll see." Nico answered as we walked into his cabin.

"Well I don't think there is much in here to eat." I told him.

"We arent eating in here, I needed to grab something." He retorted.

"Maybe after lunch we can come back here for dessert." I said hoping to make him blush again. At first he looked at me confused, and then his eyes widened and his cheeks became red. "I was just kidding, I like making you teasing you and getting you flushed."

Nico opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He closed it again a grabbed something from next to his bed and put it in his pocket. When he turned back towards me his cheeks still had some color to them.

"I needed money, I was going to take you to McDonald's, I know that it's not a nice restraunt or anything, but i figured it was better than nothing, unless you wanted to go somewher else like-" Nico rambled

"McDonald's is fine, I actually like McDonald's." I said cutting him off. Nico was still flustered from my comment. I smiled at him. "Are you thinking straight enough to shadow travel?"

"I should be, if I stop thinking about you and concentrate." He answered.

"What about me are you thinking?" I asked.

"After that one comment, lots of things." Nico replied, not fully answering my question.

"Good things I hope."  I said jokingly.

"If we want to get lunch, then its best I not tell you otherwise I definitly won't be able to get there." Nico said and I didn't ask him for details. He holds my hand and then I'm swallowed by shadows. As long as I'm with Nico for these few moments of darkness i know I'm okay, because i trust him to keep me safe.