Midnight Adventures

Elita's POV

I felt Nico get into the bed with me. I wondered if he would try and cuddle with me at all. I waited a few minuets and he didn't do anything. I let out a small sigh. Part of me was tempted to roll over and cuddle with him, but I didn't want to seem clingy.

It was still late at night because of how dark it was. I knew I should go back to sleep but something was keeping me from doing so. I was hungry. I wondered where I could find food at.

I sat up on the bed then stood up. When I did so I heard someone grumble. I turned around. Nico was rubbing his eyes. I didn't mean to wake him up.

"Where are you doing?" He mumbled. His voice was low and kind of sexy because he had just woken up.

"I'm hungry, I was going to go find food." I answered as he sat up

"It's the middle of the night." Nico remarked

"Your point?" I asked

"Do you even know where to find food?" Nico questioned me.

"No." I replied. Nico sighed and got out of bed.

"I'll get you some food." Nico stated.

"You don't have, to you can just tell me where to get food." I tell him.

"I'm already up, so I might as well. Is there anything specific you want?" Nico asked. I though for a moment before answering.

"Donuts." I replied.

"I don't know if there are any at camp but I know where we can get some." Nico explained.

"Where?" I asked him.

"There's a donut shop not too far from camp. Though we would need to stop by my cabin to get money and I will have to shadow travel us there and back." Nico told me.

"Aren't you in the infirmary because of shadow traveling?" I questioned.

"Partially. Before I shadow traveled, I conjured skeletons.  Which took a lot out of me. I'm fine now and it won't be a problem." Nico answered. I was a little skeptical about the plan because I don't want Nico to hurt himself over donuts. Though he sounded sure so I hoped everything would be alright.

"Okay let's do this." I said excitedly. We quietly left the room and crept out way out of the infirmary. We didn't want anyone, especially Will, to catch us.

Once outside we walked to Nico's cabin. Nico had me wait outside when he went in to get money. He didn't want to wake Hazel. After a few minuets he came back out holding a 10. He put it in his pocket.

"Shadow traveling can be scary and weird the first time just to warn you." Nico told me.

"If I can kind of handle bronze bulls, I can probably handle shadow traveling." I replied.

"Okay, give me your hand." Nico ordered. My eyes widened slightly, but I held it out anyways.

"I have to be touching you in order for you to shadow travel with me." Nico explained and then took my hand. Even though it was dark I could see Nico's cheeks redden slightly. He looked away from me.

All of a sudden everything went black. The only thing that kept me calm was the warmth I felt in my hand from Nico's hand. Then all of a sudden we were outside a shop. Nico stumbled slightly, and leaned against the wall of the shop.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a little bit tired. Let's get your donuts." Nico replied and went inside. I followed him.

Nico bought four Boston creme donuts and a hot chocolate. We sat down at a booth. I quickly ate both of my donuts before he had even finished his first one.

"Wow, you really were humgry." Nic remarked.

"Yep, thank you for the donuts by the way." I told him. He shrugged.

"It's wasn't a big deal." Nico stated.

I picked up that hot chocolate and took a sip. It was still quite hot and burned my tongue. I almost spat it back out. Nico looked ate with concern.

"It burned my tongue." I explained. Nico just shook his head. "It still hurts."

"Do you want me to kiss it better?" He said sarcastically. My eyes widened and I stared at him for a moment. Nico must have rethought what he said because his face become red and he looked down.

"That's not what I-, I didn't mean-, not that kissing you would be a bad thing, but I umm, I'm just digging myself a bigger hole aren't I. I'll just shut up. Nico rambled. I was still trying to process what he had said.

"We should probably head back." I say to try and make it less awkward. Nico just nodded and walked outside. I followed him. He took my hand and everything went dark for a few moments. Then we where back at camp. Nico stood there quietly for a few moments still holding my hand.

"Can I ask you something?" Nico whispered.

"Yeah, what is it?" I replied. Nico hesitantly looked up at me

"Never mind, it's not important." Nico said and started to pull his hand away but I wouldn't let him.

"Tell me." I insisted. Nico sighed. "Please?"

"I was wondering if umm maybe, you would want or would consider... what I'm trying to say is well umm that I like you and I kind of wanted you to be my girlfriend." Nico stammered while looking down. I smiled and hugged him.

"Is that a yes?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and he hugged me back tightly.

A/N Two updates in one day to make up for however long it has been since I've updated. I might update again soon.