Singing Through the Storm

Elita's POV

"There might be" I told him curios to how he would respond. Nico looked down at me and I could see so much in his eyes. He reached his hand out and placed it gently on the back of my head. As he started to slowly lean down towards me, my eyes closed.

His lips collided with mine and in that moment it was as if time had stopped. It wasn't a long passionate kiss, but a gentle one, that showed his love for me. He pulled away his face getting red. Knowing he was probably freaking out in his mind, I pulled him down for another kiss. When I pulled away, he was still blushing. I smile at him and he smiles back.

All of sudden I heard the loud crash of thunder outside. I turned and looked out the window. There was a little drizzle of rain coming down. I've never liked thunder or lightning.

"We should probably leave now before it starts down pouring." Nico says and I nod. We grabbed our food and drinks and headed to the door. As we stopped out, I used my powers to keep us dry. As soon as we were in the alley, Nico pulled me into a shadow and we were gone. Back in Nico's Cabin I could still hear the rain.

"I wonder what Zeus is mad about." Nico questioned. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Nico asked me concerned.

"I don't like thunder and lightning," I whispered, "I know that's stupid and childish but my mom used to tell me that my dad died from being struck by lightning and I know that it's not true now but the idea of someone I care about dying because of it still scares me."

Nico took the food out of my hands and set it on the nightstand next to my bed. He then walked over and picked me up before gently setting me on the bed,

"Are you cold at all?" He asked and I nodded. He handed me one of his sweatshirts. I slid it over my head. It was warm and comfy, and best of all it smelled like him.

"You're not getting this back anytime soon." I told him.

"That's okay, it looks cute on you." He replied. He said into the bed next to me and pulled me towards him. When I heard the thunder again, I clung to him tightly.

"Can you distract me somehow?" I asked him and he seemed to ponder for a moment before having an idea. He started to sing.

I didn't know what he was singing but I could tell it was Italian. His voice was beautiful and so was the song. I closed my eyes and listened to him, blocking out the noises from outside. When he finished singing it was still raining some, but for the most part it had calmed down. Nico handed me my food and we continued to eat our lunch.

A/N  Sorry for the short update, I've been busy lately with school and a musical and a few other things. I'm going to try to update every other week and try to make them longer chapters. Thanks to all of you who have stuck with this story and still read it.