The Artist

Nico's POV

She fell asleep asleep almost instantly. I wish I could fall asleep that easily. I sighed, stood up, and stretched. I looked around the room for something to do. I could go find Will, but I wasn't in the mood for company.

I then noticed my sketchbook and got an idea. I grabbed the sketchbook and flipped open to a blank page. Realizing I didn't have a pencil, I set the book down and left the room. As soon as I walked out the door I ran into Will.

"Where do you think you're going?" Will questioned me. I rolled my eyes.

"To find a pencil if you must know." I tell him. He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a pencil.

"Will this work?" He asked while handing it to me.

I muttered a thanks and went back into my room. Will followed me in. The pencil was quite sharp and would be perfect for drawing.

"I was going to ask if either of you needed anything for the night, but seeing as Elita is asleep and I just gave you what you were looking for, I'm going to assume you are both fine." Will said

"You are assuming correctly, so you can move on to your other patients." I told him.

"What, do want to be left alone with Elita?" Will questions.

"No, I just was planning on drawing, and I would prefer to do that in quiet and alone." I tell him.

"You won't be alone if Elita is in here." Will points out.

"She's sleeping, so I basically will be alone." I retort.

"Okay, I'll come back in the morning to check up on both of you. You should be able to leave in the morning." Will said then left.

I closed the door and sat in a chair facing Elita. I flipped open my sketchbook to a new page and picked up the pencil. I stared at Elita for a minuet. I didn't know what to draw at first, but then I had an idea.

I could draw Elita. It would be kind of weird to do it while she was sleeping, but I didn't want to wake her. I studied her for a moment trying to decide where to start. Then I put the tip of the pencil to the paper and started to draw.

In about an hour the drawing was almost complete. All that was left was the shading. I yawned and realized how tired I was. I closed the sketchbook and set it on the table. I climbed into the bed next to Elita, making sure not to wake her.

I wanted to hold her and pull her close to my body, but I don't know how she would react in the morning f she woke up like that. So I just settled for having her next to me and quickly fell asleep.

A/N I know it's been a while since I've updated and that its a short chapter. Im sorry about that. School has kept me busy. I'm not trying to make excuses. I will try and update more frequently, but I make no promises since most of my free time is either spent with friends or my boyfriend. I might write another chapter tonight while my creative juices are flowing.