Chapter 1: Him?

Monday, 4AM (Nandini's house)
Nandini was staring out of her room window into the wilderness lost in her thoughts when her alarm rang. Realizing it is 4 AM, she got up from the window seat and saw Manik looking at her.

Nandini: Manik, mein brushie karke aati hoon

Nandini went quickly into her bathroom closing the door behind her so that Manik cannot come in.

She quickly finished getting ready and came out so that she can spend more time with Manik before he starts finding unique ways to be close to her.

Nandini: Manik, where are you?

Nandini looked at herself in the mirror and the reflection she saw was unrecognizable. Her eyes were swollen, and with dark circles because of all the sleepless nights and tears.

While staring at that ghostly reflection of herself Nandini saw Manik wearing a white blazer, the same one that he wore on their first official date.

He came and stood behind her wrapping his arms around her waist.

Nandini: Manik, please... we have to go down. Its the first day of college, lets go?

Manik: No.

Nandini turns to face him

Nandini: No?

Manik: Yes, unless you give me something...

Nandini smiles knowing very well what her naughty Manik wanted

Nandini: What?

Manik: I will show you

Manik swiftly pulls Nandini closer to him by her waist and her head lands on his chest. Nandini's heart was pacing, she felt butterflies in her stomach. Manik gently placed his right hand on her cheek and with his index finger traced along her cheek till he reached her chin. His touch sent vibrations across Nandini's body. Slowly he lifted her face up so that she looked at him. Without breaking their intense eye lock, Manik moved closer to Nandini. Nandini could feel Manik's nose nuzzle hers, she could feel his warm breath on her skin. This proximity affected them both equally, they both took one deep breath before they succumb to the their burning desire.

Suddenly, Nandini looks at herself in the mirror...

...and thought to herself with tears in her eyes: Manik was there, he is there, I know it! Ayyappa! Why Manik? Why him, you already gave him a difficult childhood. He deserves to be happy. If our love was true, why couldn't I shine for him? Why couldn't...

Wiping her tears, Nandini went downstairs and saw Chacha, Chachi, and Rishabh waiting for her.

Chacha: Good morning Nandini

Nandini: Good morning Chacha

Chacha: Nandini, we know these three months have been every difficult for you and...

Nandini: I don't want to talk about it Chacha.

Chachi: Let Chacha finish. We have to talk about it. Look at yourself Nandini, this is affecting your health.

Chacha: Nandini, we know that you are in pain but you have to understand that Manik...

Nandini: I know Chacha, but I cannot let him go. I know he is alive. I can feel his presence.

Chacha: Okay, we will continue this talk later. Have your breakfast and I will drop you to college.

9 AM (S.P.A.C.E Academy)

Nandini walks into the campus and remembers her first day at college. She recalls all the fights she had with Fab 5 and Monster Manik...

Navya: Nandini are you okay?

Nandini: Yes Navya. It will take some time to get used to college without him, but I will be fine.

Navya: Over the weekend, Mukti said that she has managed to convince Alia to perform one last time as a tribute to Manik and Cabir. She also wanted you to sing the lead portion as a dedication to Manik. Will you be able to do that?

Nandini: Manik always felt happy when I sing. That would be the best thing I could do for him. Let Mukti know that I will perform.

4 PM (Radio 02)

Navya: Hello Mumbai people! this is your favourite RJ Navya on the evening show. I have wonderful news for all music lovers. Fab 5 will be performing tonight and talented classical singer Nandini Murthy will be joining them. I will give you all the details, but for now lets listen to one of Fab 5's most popular songs on friendship and love 'O Yaara'.

4 PM (somewhere)

Man 1: I have to reach Mumbai tonight for Al...

Man 2: It is not safe for you to travel.

Man 1: I have to go, get my things ready.

Man 3: Okay sir.

9 PM (Event location)

Fab 5... Fab 5... Fab 5... Fab 5....

The crowd erupted when Dhruv, Alia and Mukti walked onto the stage.

Nandini was about to join them but she could again feel that sensation that Manik was around her. Then suddenly she noticed a shadow. Instead of going on stage she followed that shadow. She saw a tall figure standing backstage. Running to that figure she screamed "Maaanik"

Fab 3 heard Nandini scream and decided to check if she was okay before starting the performance.

Dhruv: Nandini, are you okay?

Dhruv: Manik!!!

Nandini runs to hug Manik with tears of joy.
Nandini: Manik, I knew you were alive.  

As soon as Nandini hugs Manik, Manik  pushes her off. Her head hits a table and she starts to bleed.

*Everyone is shocked *