Chapter 29: Vision

Story so far: Everyone thinks Manik and Cabir died in the car accident. After 3 months, Manik comes back alive but doesn't remember Nandini for a week, he then miraculously remembers her. Manik emancipates from Nyonika for all the trouble she has caused him. Manik is identified as the person trying to kill Nandini ("the shadow"), and he is consequently diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder. One personality remembers Nandini and loves her while the other thinks he is in a relationship with Alia, and wants to eliminate Nandini from the picture.  Nandini decides to be brave and make him (monster Manik) fall in love with her again. Manik obtains a video clip of Nyonika and Harshad speaking of the car accident from Aryaman. Nyonika learns of this and asks 'someone' for help, but he doesn't. She now wants to escape to prevent being caught by the police and calls Mr. Khurana. 

Thursday, 11:30 AM (somewhere)

Nyonika on the phone: Hello Mr. Khurana. I kept my end of our deal, now its time you return the favour. 

Mr. Khurana: What now?

Nyonika: Your son.

Mr. Khurana: What do you want him to do?

Nyonika: I am going to unite your daughter and son. I will take it from there. All I need from you is Soha.

Mr. Khurana: She was dead for me anyway. You can have her, as long as you don't involve me in any public mess dealing with her condition.

Nyonika: Mr. Khurana, you know me better than that! I will do nothing of that sort. 

Mr. Khurana: Thank you. I will have Soha delivered wherever you want her in 1 hour. 

She then booked her tickets to go to the US for later that day and called Aryaman, instructing him to meet her in a secret location in 1 hour. 

Nyonika thought- It feels good to have my mojo back! Manik, you have no idea what I have done or what I am capable of doing. But sadly, you may never learn because I am disappearing forever.  

12:30 PM (Dhaba on the way to Mumbai)

Nandini turned back hearing Manik say something. What she heard shocked her. 

Manik: I saw you, then I saw a room and... and ... Nyonika was there. They were doing something to me. 

Nandini walked towards Manik and placed her hands on his arms and spoke with concern.

Nandini: Manik, are you alright? What are you saying? Where did you see me? Nyonika ma'am... what did she do to you?

Manik: Nandini, I need some air.

Nandini and Manik walked out of the narrow passage between the two walls and sat down. Nandini gave Manik some more water to drink. 

Manik: Nothing happened. 

Nandini: Manik, please share. I know something is bothering you. 

Manik: Its nothing Nandini. Can we leave it there?

Nandini: Manik, no we cannot leave it there until you tell me whats going on. I have the right to know. 

Manik got up angrily and held Nandini by her arms tightly and shouted loudly alerting everyone in the vicinity. 

Manik: You have no right on me damn it! 

He continued holding her tightly hurting her. In pain Nandini screamed with tears in her eyes and turned her face away from Manik's fuming face. He removed one hand from her arm and forcefully made Nandini look at him digging his fingers into her cheeks. 

Manik: Did I ask you to look away?

Nandini shook her head signalling no still in pain. 

Manik: Then why did you?

Nandini looked into his eyes deeply and within seconds he released his grip on her. Manik closed his eyes and saw Nandini wearing a stunning red dress, the same one she wore on valentines day. Then he saw Nyonika in a room filled with white bright lights. He heard Nyonika say "He should not remember her. Do it now." and then, he heard his own voice " You can never separate Nandini from me. She will always be a part of me whatever you do. She will find a way back into my life, and I know that." "How are you so sure, Manik?" he heard Nyonika ask. He replied "Because she loves me, something you will never understand." Then heard her talk on the phone with someone but he couldn't hear the conversation, all he understood was that Nyonika was afraid of the person on the other end of the call. "I have had enough of this, doctor do it fast before I get more calls from 'him' enquiring about the progress of the treatment" Manik head Nyonika say before she walked out of the bright white room. 

Nandini: Manik,  What happened? 

Manik:  Nandini, you are here. I knew you will find a way to come back into my life. 

Nandini: Manik, what are you saying. I will never leave you. 

Manik got up from the ground where he was lying for a few minutes because he fainted and hugged Nandini. 

Manik: Nyonika, we need to get her. She did something to me, Nandini. I keep seeing her in a vision.

Nandini: Manik, maybe its PTSD and you are hallucinating. We need to see the Dr. Sharma. 

Manik: After we give the video clip to the police we can go to the doctor and figure it out, but I am sure what I saw was real. 

Nandini smiled not letting Manik know that she understood what was happening and that she had just witnessed him change personalities twice within 24 hours. 

Nandini thought- Its getting worse. He just changed twice, and he seems to loose himself each time, and now he is hallucinating. Even I am not able to control him. I hope the doctor can help. 

12:30 PM (somewhere, underground location where Nyonika was hiding)

Aryaman: What now Nyonika "ma'am"?

Nyonika: Attitude! all this attitude will be gone if you know what I have for you.

Aryaman: What? you got me Nandini?

Nyonika: Someone better than that! But I will kill her if you don't provide me the necessary things for me to get to the US. 

Aryaman: First tell me who it is?

Nyonika: Soha...

Aryaman: What Soha is alive?

Aryaman collapsed to the ground on hearing this news. 

Aryaman: I will do anything for her. 

1:30PM (Malhotra Mansion)

Manik had texted Alia, Mukti and Dhruv to meet them in his house and Nandini called Navya and asked her to come too. 

Manik: Harshad and Nyonika were involved with the accident that killed Cabir. 

All of them in unison "What!"

Manik: See this clip.

He played the video recoding and all of them were shocked.   Navya and Alia were in tears realizing that Harshad had killed Cabir. 

Manik: I am planning to hand this over to the police, if thats ok with you Alia.

Nandini was proud of Manik for asking about Alia's opinion. Harshad was her brother after all.

Alia wiped her tears and spoke.

Alia: I have given him too many chances to change and be a better person. Just when I thought he was trying, he does something like this. When he hurt Cab....Cabir, I got him out of jail. Now, I have had enough. This time, I am getting him arrested, I have to do this for Cabir. Give me the recoding Manik, lets take it to the police now. 

Dhurv side hugged Alia, and she placed her head on his chest. 

Navya: He deserves to be in jail. He belongs there for all that he has done.

Note: The mystery and suspense of this story might be ending in a couple of chapters!  Hope you like the ending (Promise it will be a happy one!)