Chapter 33: Trapped Again

Recap: Manik learnt from his father that Nyonika was the sole reason that he had forgotten Nandini and even tried to kill her. To protect Nandini, Manik left her forever.

Thursday, 11:00PM (Nandini's house)

Everyone looked at the door as they heard the door bell ring.

Dhruv walked up to the door to open it and was surprised to see who it was.

Dhruv: Soha?

Mukti: Yes, guys Nyonika's great work of hiding the fact that she was alive all this while.

Navya who had also come downstairs from Nandini's room was a bit wary of having Soha in Nandini's house.

Mukti: Soha told us where Nyonika was.

The tension lightened a little bit with that knowledge. Soha walked up to Nandini and held her hands.

Soha: Nandini, I am sorry.

Nandini: Soha its ok, you were not stable. I am glad you are fine now.

3 days later 7PM (Somewhere)

Manik: Where am I? Why is it dark? I hate the dark.

"We are trapped again!"

Manik: Who are you?

"The same girl you hate."

Manik: Not again! I don't want to be stuck with you little thing!

Nandini: I don't want to be stuck with you either.

Manik: Where are we?

Nandini: College storeroom.

Manik: Why are you here?

Nandini: I could ask you the same thing.

Manik: Stop talking... Let me think...

Suddenly, he saw Nandini walk away from where he was. He held her wrist and stopped her before she left.

Nandini: What are you doing? Let go!

Manik: Stay here.

Nandini managed to remove her hand from Manik's grip and walked away, leaving Manik alone in the dark. He saw movements near the other side of the storeroom and knew that she was there, making him feel more conferrable as she was still around.

Manik thought- I don't feel scared of the darkness when she is around.

Suddenly Nandini came and sat beside him. She tore a few papers and lit them with a matchstick she had found in the store room. Manik looked at her as she lit the dark room with brightness, dispelling all his fear.

Nandini: Now you don't have to feel scared.

Manik: I was not scared.

Nandini: Oh sorry, I thought you were. I can blow the flame off if you want me to.

She acted like she was blowing the flame but he pulled her back. The force with which he did made her land on his chest. The force of her landing on his chest made him fall back and their lips met in an accidental kiss. The flame flickered but they were lost in the moment. Manik felt something like he had never felt. Before he could understand it or experience more of it, she got up and walked away. He wanted to stop her and pull her back for another kiss, but something stopped him from doing that. He closed his eyes and flashes of a similar incident came to his mind.

Manik thought- One kiss and now I am day dreaming. What has she done to me?! The only way to get back at her is to torture her.

He got up and noticed more than 10 boxes of eggs on the table.