Chapter 8: Fading Anger

Recap: Nandini wears Manik's shorts and Manik helps her have a sponge bath. Meanwhile, Aryaman fumes with the knowledge of Nandini being with Manik while Fab3 are concerned for Manik's mental health.

Saturday, 4PM (Manik's farmhouse)

*Doorbell*

Manik: Let me check.

Manik started to walk out of the room and without his knowledge Nandini followed him.

Person: Nandini....

Manik looked at the person in front of him and then at Nandini who was standing behind him...

Nandini: Aryaman?

Aryaman quickly moved forward and grabbed Nandini. She wiggled away and hid behind Manik.

Aryaman: This Manik wants to harm you. If he actually loved you why did he forget you? Nandini, I fell in love with you...

Manik's face scorched in anger to the extent that his veins on his forehead started to protrude. Nandini's face was blank and she didn't know what was happening. Manik turned to face Nandini and looked into her eyes. He didn't doubt for a second that his Nandini could have ever replaced him, but he was annoyed that she let things get this far with this guy. Without shouting, screaming, pushing or pulling, Manik walked forward. Nandini in her short clothes was completely hidden from the preying gaze of Aryaman by her tall and protective boyfriend. Nandini took a step backward with each step Manik took forward, while their eyes were engrossed on each other's eyes. Aryaman looked on in disbelief and disgust.

Aryaman thought- what happened? Until yesterday this Manik hated the very sight of Nandini, and now he is so protective about her.

Manik and Nandini exited the lobby and entered the dining room. Nandini's knee hit a chair and she was about to fall backward but, she felt a familiar hand around her waist. She remembered their first date when Manik said he will never let her fall. Manik let go of Nandini by bringing her back to a standing position still gazing into her eyes. Suddenly, without a word he turned away and started marching towards the lobby.

Within seconds, Manik reached the lobby, he saw Aryaman still standing there. Manik walked to him and held him by his collar and punched his face.
*smack*

Manik: How dare you talk to Nandini like that?

To save himself from Manik's wrath, Aryaman decided to blame Nandini for instigating his feelings for her. He thought- At least this might make him disbelieve her.

Same time (Dining room, Manik's farmhouse)

Nandini knew that Manik was very angry with her. In her anxiety she took the cough syrup that was on the table and gulped it down. She thought- what did I do? Aryaman was a very good friend. He helped me cope with Manik's disappearance. How am I responsible for him developing feelings for me? Aryaman clearly knew I love Manik and it is impossible for me to think of anyone else in that manner.

(Lobby, Manik's farmhouse)

Aryaman: Nandini was so close to me during the past three months. You know 'soooo' close.
Manik punched him again. *smack*

Manik: If you think I am going to distrust Nandini, you are wrong. Get lost from here before I kill you and if you come near Nandini again I will bury you alive.

Manik then pushed Aryaman out of the farmhouse.

Aryaman thought- if I can't get her, so can't you Manik. I will never let you too be together. I have to see you suffer and I will.

4:30 PM
Manik locked the door and walked back to the dining room still burning with rage. He noticed Nandini sitting on the dining table and stomped towards her. He came to a standstill when he was facing her. She started acting weirdly. Still sitting on the table, she pulled Manik by his collar. Their lips were just centimeters apart. This kind of proximity to Nandini made Manik breath heavily. His eyes wandered to her lips.
Nandini: Hey! You! Manik!

Nandini in a motion to get his attention, slapped Manik. He looked at her confused, and then tried moving away but Nandini pulled him back.

Nandini: Heyy! What do you think you are you doing? Do you know how much I missed this? Three months Manik! Three months. I am not going to leave you tonight.

Nandini brought her right hand to Manik's face and suddenly stared to trace along his lower lip.

Nandini: You keep doing his to me na... So now I will do it to you.

This sudden action of Nandini activated Manik's senses. The more Nandini kept touching his lips, the more Manik's anger disappeared. His expression changed from that of annoyance to that of bewilderment. Manik didn't know how to react to Nandini's advances. He wanted to kiss her just as much as she wanted to kiss him, but he also recognized that she was not in her senses. He thought- Nandiniii! What are you doing to me! How will I contol myself around you when you are doing such things to me! Why are you behaving like this all of a sudden?
Nandini removed her finger from his lips and pulled Manik closer to her and this time, their lips were almost in contact...

Will Nandini steal a kiss from Manik or will Manik control his desire? More drunk Nandini coming up, so stay tuned! 😊