Chapter 28: Revelation

Recap: MaNan visit Mr. Malhotra's house in Pune and spend the night there. Manik wakes up as the monster and tries to strangle Nandini. Nandini handles Manik and blackmails him using his father's word (if he troubles you, let me know) to take her back to Mumbai. Monster Manik wants to protect the fact that he has multiple personalities from his father and thus agrees to take Nandini to Mumbai provided she sits silently. 

At around 10 AM, Manik and Nandini got out of Mr. Malhotra's house and went to Manik's car. Nandini was about to sit in the front, but was stopped by monster Manik.

Manik: Already you irritate me, having you in the front next to me, no way. 

Nandini opened the door to the front passenger seat anyway. She was not afraid of him even after the fit of rage he showed her in the morning. She got in swiftly even before Manik would register what had happened. It took a few seconds for Manik to understand that Nandini was already seated where he instructed her not to. He went to the passenger seat, and tried opening the door. She had cleverly locked it from inside. He continued to try to open the locked door, but in vain. Even the strength of monster Manik could not open the door. Enraged by Nandini's actions, Manik took a rock from the garden nearby and hit the glass of the window with immense force. The glass shattered into thousand small pieces, some falling on Nandini and some falling outside. Nandini coiled up protecting herself from the blow. Manik unlocked the door and pulled Nandini out making her fall on the ground. 

Manik: Don't try and act smart with me 'little thing.' I know what you are doing. You can never make me love you. That Manik is a romantic fool. How could anyone even love you? Alia is hot and she has been with me for 8 years. Don't think I will leave her for you, you...

Nandini got up and stood in front of Manik regaining her stature. 

Nandini: And why do you think I want anything to do with you?  You are rude, mean and angry. I hate you. 

Manik: Good, thats settled. I hate you too. Now get in the back seat. 

Nandini: How can we go in this car? You and your anger!

Manik was about to reply to her when he realized that she made sense. The window and door were damaged from his attempt to show superiority over Nandini. 

He left Nandini standing in the garage and went inside the house. He came back with keys to another car and walked to the car followed by Nandini. 

Nandini quietly sat in the back while Manik occupied the drivers seat and drove away from Mr. Malhotra's house. 

They travelled for about one hour and suddenly in the middle of nowhere, Manik noticed that the fuel in the car was nearly empty. 

Manik: Argh!

Nandini: What happened?

Manik: I told you not to speak. Shhhh.

Just as he finished the sentence, the car stopped.

Manik: Don't Dad's drivers check the fuel before parking the car?

Nandini fake coughed to gain Manik's attention. He looked at her through the rear view mirror. 

Nandini: Don't you check the fuel before you take the car to drive?

Manik: I do, if someone like you doesn't annoy me.

Nandini: Wow! So you are blaming me for this!

Manik: Yes! you are the cause for all my problems. If you were not there, I could be with Alia without any hindrance. 

Nandini: Your anger, thats the cause for all your problems. 

Nandini turned her head away from Manik's gaze and Manik got out of the car. Nandini got out of the car in a few minutes and went and stood next to Manik. They stood there silently until they spotted a truck. They managed to stop the truck and the driver agreed to drop them in Mumbai. Manik made a call to his Dad's residence to inform them to collect the car. 

The truck driver was a middle aged man who had red betel (paan) stains on his teeth. He offered his hand for Nandini to take in order to climb the truck. Manik noticed Nandini think before she almost accept his offer, but Manik intervened. Manik offered his hand to Nandini, and Nandini accepted without thinking twice. He held her from the back as she climbed the back of the truck. Manik joined Nandini and the driver went back to his driver's seat to drive the car. 

Nandini thought- Manik, you are changing, you are feeling protective about me. How long can you hold on to this 'hate' for me?

The truck stopped near a Dhaba and the driver came to the back of the truck to inform them that they would be halting for 30 minutes for lunch. 

Manik got down first and with the help of Manik, Nandini also got down. 

They walked to the Dhaba, Nandini kept looking at Manik and Manik also looked at her. As they entered the Dhaba, they noticed local women sitting and talking. On approaching the women, they heard one woman complimenting the "jodi" or pairing of Manik and Nandini together. 

Woman: Both of you look like you are made for each other

Nandini smiled shyly blushing and her expressions were noticed by Manik. That was it for Manik, he was already conflicted about why he offered to help Nandini get off and onto the truck, now some random people were calling them 'made for each other,' and Nandini was blushing because of their comments. 

Manik thought- She... She is the cause. 

Manik pulled Nandini by her arm an dragged her to a narrow corner between two walls. 

Nandini: Manik, everyone is watching, why are you dragging me around like this. Its not nice. 

Manik: I don't care what everyone thinks. 

Nandini inched closer to Manik and stood on her toes, holding on to Manik for support.

Nandini: Why have you brought me here?

Manik pushed her back so that she leaned on one wall and he rested his back on the other with just inches separating them. 

Manik: To finish what I started. 

Manik raised his hand to place it on her neck in order to strangle her. However, before he could do that, he noticed something was about to fall on Nandini from above. Manik pulled Nandini towards himself and engulfed her in his arms shielding her from the falling object. Nandini lifted her head up and looked at Manik's expression. His eyes were closed, and he held on to her in the same way he did in the night when he was dreaming. Slowly, Manik opened his eyes and both their eyes met.  They found peace, love and care in each other's eyes. 

Manik thought-What is she doing to me?

Manik closed his eyes taking in the feelings he had when he gazed into her eyes so intensely. 

Manik stated to fall  as he was fainting and Nandini was trying to balance both of them without letting him fall. 

Manik saw Nandini when he closed his eyes, then suddenly he saw a room with bright lights, and a woman. 

Nandini placed Manik on the ground, seeing him in this condition immediately made Nandini eyes swell with tears. She ran to the Dhaba shop and got a glass of water. She spoke to Manik, and called his name as she sprinkled water on his face. 

Manik: Nandini... 

Nandini: Manik!

Manik pulled Nandini for a hug, and she fell on top of him. They both continued to hug each other lying down on the ground before someone spoke.

Man: I hope everything is fine.

Nandini got up and straightened her clothing and replied to the man.

Nandini: Yes, thank you.

She turned to Manik and notice he was saying something aloud to himself. 

Manik: I saw you, then I saw a room and... and ... Nyonika was there. They were doing something to me.

Nandini looked shocked.

Note: Thats the end of monster Manik although he still has Multiple Personality Disorder.