Chapter 17: Night Guest

Recap: Everyone eats Chachi's food. Manik notices Dhruv and Alia's tension and offers to help. Dhruv says he will handle it this time. Both of them return to the group.

Mukti: Lets play something.

Shahid: How about hide and seek?

Mukti: No way! We are not kids anymore to play hide and seek!

Nandini: Aye, spot boy! I want to play hide and seek right now. Convince your friends.

Manik: Mukti, please...

Mukti: Manik, you are just dancing on her little finger!

Manik: Pleeeaaaaseee... (With a puppy face)

Mukti: Ok fine. Since Shahid suggested the game, we get to hide and he has to catch us.

Shahid started to count. Manik pulled Nandini by her elbow and went to her room. All the others hid in various places.

Shahid: One... Two.... Nine...Ten... Ready or not here I come.

Alia: Dhruv, why are you following me?

Dhruv: I am not; we just ended up in the same place.

Alia pushed Dhruv out and Shahid noticed him. So, the first person got caught.

In Nandini's room, Manik was in 'romance' mode and locked the door.

Nandini: Manik, locking the door is against the rules of the game.

Manik: I set the rules, and right now the door is going to remain locked.

He picked up Nandini and placed her on the bed and he hovered above her.

Nandini: Manik, I missed you so much. Never ever leave me ever again. Spot boy, It's an order.

Manik:  I promise.

He went closer to her; both of them could hear their heart beating faster, soon their beats synchronized into a beautiful melody. Manik was enthralled by Nandini's flower fragrance and Nandini could feel Manik's breath as they inched closer to each other's lips. Nandini pulled Manik even closer, diminishing any gap that separated them for these three months. Manik and Nandini finally after three long months gave in to their need, want and desire for each other in a long and passionate kiss. Breathlessness was their only enemy at this point but they defeated the enemy by just gazing into each others eyes filled with love as even that was enough for these two.

Manik: Nandini, I love you. I know I had behaved very badly with....

Nandini cut him off inching closer for another kiss.

*Knock *

Manik: These people know exactly when to disturb me!

Nandini: Manik get up, lets go. Its been so long, I bet everyone else has been caught.

She was right, Manik and Nandini were the last to be found. At around 9PM everyone except Manik left Nandini's house.

Chachi: Good night. Manik, go to Rishabh's room.

Manik glanced at Nandini and he could sense that she needed to be with him as much as he needed to be with her. So he jotted down a plan in his mind.

10PM (Nandini's room)

*Knock *

Nandini: Who is it?

Manik: your dream wala boyfriend.

Nandini opened the door.

Nandini: you know my real wala boyfriend is also here. So please be careful ok, he is very possessive.

Manik: So, you are cheating on your real boyfriend haan?

Nandini: What to do? My situation is like that!

Manik laughed but Nandini placed her hand on his mouth and he kissed her palm.

Nandini: Manik, go back down, koi dekh lega.

Manik: Not planning to.

He just barged into the room and dragged Nandini in with him.

Nandini: Manik, I don't think we should...

Manik: I just want to talk to you. What did you think?

Nandini: Nothing.

Manik: Nandini, we have to get that clip. Harshad escaped once, but we cannot let him and Nyonika escape again after what they did.

Nandini: Everything will be okay. Manik don't stress about it. I am so thankful that you are save and alive. Even when you didn't remember me and behaved like my monster Manik, I was still happy to have you alive even though it hurt to think that somehow you could not remember me.

Manik just listened to her speak.

Nandini: But how come suddenly, you remembered me?

Manik: I have no idea Nandini, my first memory of being back is seeing your clothes in my bathroom and I realized you were around me somewhere, then I saw you crying outside the house.

Nandini still had many unanswered questions lingering in her mind as they continued to look intensely into each other's eyes. Nandini broke out of her trance.

Nandini: Spot boy, before someone finds you here, go down to Rishabh's room.

The clock stuck 12 and Manik pounced on Nandini and pecked her nose.

Manik: My dear girlfriend, your time to use me as a spot is over! But I am being considerate today. Besides, your notes are too high, I don't want to wake people up with our jamming. I know you want to, at least that's what you demanded on Saturday!

Nandini started hitting him with her pillow and he was laughing. After a few minutes, he went near Nandini and pulled her closer to him and kissed her again gently with love.

Manik: Goodnight.

Nandini: Goodnight.

Everyone in the house was woken up by Nandini's screams at around 1PM. Manik jumped out of his bed and ran to Nandini's room. As soon as she saw Manik, she pulled him and hugged him as tightly as he could with tears. Manik lifted her head and wiped away every teardrop. Pain filled his eyes. He knew that that 'shadow' was in her room and he blamed himself for not staying in her room for longer.

Nandini: Ma..nikk. I heard him.

Manik: What are you saying Nandini, are you sure it was a man?

Nandini: He said " you are keeping me away from Alia, so you have to die."

Note: have midterms next week, so will be back after that!